CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #7621
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
HAHAHA, he would.
Yes I hope Fergus is still coming to Sweden, he's the entertainment and I have not seen he's log appear for about 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Quality days work mate. You lot are gonna have a ball at the regionals! Will you be there in time for the oly seminar?
thanks Leon, forgot how hard ring dips are in timed WOD format and was angry about putting the front squat bar down at 17, my rack had collapsed but should of still got to 20.

I should get there before the seminar but will not be attending, right now I have even cut out my morning can of diet coke to get the funds for this trip so mentioning a seminar would not be a good idea in the home if you know what i mean.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 04-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #7622
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Yes I hope Fergus is still coming to Sweden, he's the entertainment and I have not seen he's log appear for about 3 weeks.

thanks Leon, forgot how hard ring dips are in timed WOD format and was angry about putting the front squat bar down at 17, my rack had collapsed but should of still got to 20.

I should get there before the seminar but will not be attending, right now I have even cut out my morning can of diet coke to get the funds for this trip so mentioning a seminar would not be a good idea in the home if you know what i mean.
Yeah mate I know exactly what you mean. I get reminded quite often by the better half about things that I can't afford to do.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:02 AM   #7623
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Yeah mate I know exactly what you mean. I get reminded quite often by the better half about things that I can't afford to do.
At least we know what we would do if we won the lottery.

Im hitting a 5k run today and even thinking of doing for time: 5k row-5k run. I feel the need to get a long run in before sweden due to long distance running gets stale if not hit regularly, one 5k and its back.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #7624
Lee Hill

Profile:

Hey Scott, sorry to hear about your ongoing rope-mare. Why not get a couple of these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nylon-Skippi...542175&sr=8-17 (WFS)

At least if one breaks you can rock right into a spare?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #7625
Chris Kemp

Profile:

Scott if your replacement rope doesn't arrive just buy a cheap plastic rope, snip the little plastic ends off and then screw the remaining rope into the buddy lee handles. We've just done this with two at our place and it's solid. I'm sure the official buddy lee rope is faster but you still get the speed out of the bearings and you can make sure it is teh correct length so you can start practicing.

Cheers, kempie
Old 04-29-2010, 05:20 AM   #7626
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
Hey Scott, sorry to hear about your ongoing rope-mare. Why not get a couple of these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nylon-Skippi...542175&sr=8-17 (WFS)

At least if one breaks you can rock right into a spare?
I got a reebok one a lot like that, reverted to that yesterday and it felt fine so will probably stick with it thanks Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kemp View Post
Scott if your replacement rope doesn't arrive just buy a cheap plastic rope, snip the little plastic ends off and then screw the remaining rope into the buddy lee handles. We've just done this with two at our place and it's solid. I'm sure the official buddy lee rope is faster but you still get the speed out of the bearings and you can make sure it is teh correct length so you can start practicing.

Cheers, kempie
Thanks Kempie, did not think of that, I have been trying to work out how to lengthen it, thats just so simple it completely went over my head. The only trouble I have is they did not send me the tool you need to change the cable and I have to send it back in order to get my new one. The one I have was there demonstration model and he sent me it while the new one was in transit.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #7627
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Hey Scott, I have been thinking of a 5k myself, but My legs are wrecked from the last cycle, rest for me.

(stuped rope)
Old 04-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #7628
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Hey Scott, I have been thinking of a 5k myself, but My legs are wrecked from the last cycle, rest for me.

(stuped rope)
I get a bit of extra rest next week Nik so got to get my long running on point just in case. You going to completely rest or throw a few extras around?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #7629
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I get a bit of extra rest next week Nik so got to get my long running on point just in case. You going to completely rest or throw a few extras around?
Yea you are ramping up this week to ramp down next week. Any work on when they are posting the workouts? I haven't looked in a wile.

I don't know what i'll do todaty. My shoulders are pretty sore. Yesterday I added MU and HSPU in here and there. I was doing how ever many HSPU's to MU's. so 4 HSPU 4 MU 3HSPU 3 MU ect, just to GTG.

After the workout the other day I'm back on the HSPU's I have lost a little head way, but I'm happy that I haven't lost it all. And having a good wall to work from it is all new again. Befor The best form I could get was with my knees at a 90degree angle and feet flat on the wall. IT was giving me a big back arch and I saw it was not allowed in comp.

So now my ffet are straight and it is all new.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #7630
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Yea you are ramping up this week to ramp down next week. Any work on when they are posting the workouts? I haven't looked in a wile.

I don't know what i'll do todaty. My shoulders are pretty sore. Yesterday I added MU and HSPU in here and there. I was doing how ever many HSPU's to MU's. so 4 HSPU 4 MU 3HSPU 3 MU ect, just to GTG.

After the workout the other day I'm back on the HSPU's I have lost a little head way, but I'm happy that I haven't lost it all. And having a good wall to work from it is all new again. Befor The best form I could get was with my knees at a 90degree angle and feet flat on the wall. IT was giving me a big back arch and I saw it was not allowed in comp.

So now my ffet are straight and it is all new.
Yes last time when I was told to taper I found it impossible because I felt I had not trained enough to give myself any light days so making sure I am suitably exhausted this week.

You should definately keep the HSPU's and MU's in at least once a week because they are the big stoppers in competition and you will be competing next year at the sectionals, the wall and straighter back will help also as when you arch its like pushing up a floppy sack rather than a solid bar.

My regional workouts are being posted Tuesday at noon so when you get up there will be plenty of banter about them, I will be doing them at 75% intensity to get a taste.