CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
Max Seid

Profile:
Looking to get some extra sprint work in. Does anyone know of any good sprint programs out there? Any that include weights, such as a tire pull?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Jeff Dale

Profile:
Sprint 8, basically a Tabata excersize. 8 sets of 30 sec. sprints with 1 minute rests between. People use different timing for breaks.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
Going around the outside of a football field, sprint the length of a football field, walk the endzones. Those suck. I don't think I can "sprint" for a duration longer than 15 sec.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
Neal Winkler

Profile:
Max, are you looking for a program for improving speed/acceleration or are you wanting intervals for endurance?

If the former, I would check out Kelly Baggett's articles at www.higher-faster-sports.com, or go to the man himself, www.charliefrancis.com. If the latter, here's what you can do. Take a dice, roll it once and multiply the number by 10 to get your work interval. Roll it a second time and muplitply by 5 to get your rest interval. Roll it a third time and multiply by 2 to get the number of intervals.

Example: First roll I get 5, mupltipy by 10, so 50. Second roll I get 4, multiply by 5, so 20. Third roll I get 4 multiplied by 2, so 8. That mean I sprint 50 seconds, rest for 20, and do that 8 times.

Alternatively, you can use X 5 for the work interval, and X 10 for the rest, if you want it to be more power over endurance, but still have some endurance aspect because you aren't getting a full recovery.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Aaron Trent

Profile:
Try suicides!
Set up 4 markers 10 yards apart(a total of 30 yards).
Start at the starting marker. Sprint to the first, turn and sprint to the start, turn and sprint to the second, turn and sprint to the start, turn and sprint to the third, turn and sprint to the start. Put your hand over your heart just to keep the blasted thing from exploding through your chest. (just kidding)

Now do that 10 times.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
My old sprint workout went 100-200-400-800. 3 or 4 cycles. Sometimes adding the 3 or 600 in there.
Generally all out spring and walk/jog half the distance. My old track field also has an uphill and downhill rise where the seats are besides the stairs.
Since I'm solo, I generally only do pulls or pushes at the gym. Push a big block standing up high or pull a block down the runway. There is some drag since it is dragged on the bottom. I generally rig up a harness to the block. Occasionally, I'll pull kids down for resistance.

Before hand, warmup usually consists of high knees, kick butts, starts, one foot hops, bounding and deer runs.

I ran a variety of from 100-2mi so this worked pretty well. You could vary it up by doing 2, 4, 800 or just 1-2-3, 400. Sometimes power skipping instead to drill.