CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 AM   #21
Michael A. Krivka

Profile:
Re: Kettlebell

Jason -

Thanks for the kind words and endorsement! I hope you enjoyed the RKC experience and continue to seek more training with KB's. There is a lot of really good information out there (as well as some really BAD) but persevere and you'll be great!

All the best to you and yours and let me know if I can ever be of any assistance!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:05 AM   #22
Michael A. Krivka

Profile:

Sarah -

I concur with Tom on the K2 KB's. Their 18# is great as is their 26#... both have perfect dimensions and hit the sweet spot on your forearm just right.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:09 AM   #23
Michael A. Krivka

Profile:
Professional Kettlebell

Tom mentioned AKC Professional KB's for serious KB lifters - good point but I think most CrossFit advotees will find that any of the above listed LB's will fit their needs just as well. For the most part the wider handles of the non-pro KB's will accomodate two hand swings much better - and so far most of the CrossFit workouts use that technique exclusively.

BTW - am working on putting together a list of equivalent workouts using KB's as opposed to BB's and DB's for those wo have space restrictions or are on deployment and have limited resources at their disposal.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #24
David Luu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M Struck View Post
Mike!

I just checked out your webpage!

We attended a KBC cert. class together in Feb. in Alexandria, VA. Remember that?

I just wanted to say that your knowledge convinced me that it was worth it to pursue my RKC.

Which I have. Thanks!

Jason

PS to everyone else: listen to what Mike has to say, he's a pretty smart guy when it comes to this stuff.

i second this sentiment. i've been training (KBs and martial arts) w/ mike for a year now. he knows his stuff. even now, there isn't a class/training session i attend where i don't learn some thing totally new and mind blowing.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 AM   #25
Michael A. Krivka

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Luu View Post
i second this sentiment. i've been training (KBs and martial arts) w/ mike for a year now. he knows his stuff. even now, there isn't a class/training session i attend where i don't learn some thing totally new and mind blowing.
Thanks Dave! :P

I love the martial arts and KB's and have made a personal commitment to provide the absolute best training possible to people who seek me out. I spend a lot of time doing research and analyzing what I do so that I can explain movement in enough detail, and with enough tips, so that you can make marked improvements with every training session. I love what I do and I hope it shows...

Thanks again and I'll see you in class!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #26
Ari Sherwood

Profile:

Just to chime in, I just received a pair of 16kg KB's from Perform Better (within 2 days, BTW), and I am very pleased with them. The handles are a bit thinner than the Power Systems KB's I already had, which I like better, and they are smoother as well, which seems to be easier on my hands. They also seem to be more comfortable on my forearm in the racked position, and this is due to the fact that the handle is longer, and allows for more hand room between it and the bell.

Each KB has a removable rubber foot on it to protect the floor, though considering I never use it on a hard floor, not really necessary.

Though I can't claim to be an experienced KB'er (I only started using them in August after a KB certified trainer showed me how), I must say I really like these PB's. And the price was hard to beat. Worth a look.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #27
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

I really like mine too. I just grabbed an 8, 12, & 16 kg. Not much experience with KB's but they seem fine to me. They are 2nd gen. They had some 1st gen. ones there that they were going to sell me at discount, but they blew hard.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #28
Jason M Struck

Profile:

Worth Considering:

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/grsev2ke16.html

other great products for xfitters as well, including their own line of Bumpers soon.

ADER:

Great dimensions, I just hate that the finish on the handle is a little slick. I feel like slick finishes stick to skin and exacerbate callous issues. I have found 'lightly rough' or bare metal to be the best compromise between comfort and callous pinching.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #29
Brian O'Neill

Profile:

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack but I have some kettlebell related questions ...

I am in Ireland so sourcing a KB from the US is not really an option with the shipping fees. I was looking at http://www.olfstore.com/index.php?ac...d&productId=42

Any thoughts ? Or any other European sites I could check out ?

Also, could you recommend a size ? Was looking at the 20kg but is that too heavy. I can Bench 75, Squat 105, Dead 130 & Press 50 (All 1rep & in KG) if that helps.

The KB is for Crossfit WODs.

Help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #30
Jayson Keel

Profile:

I just purchased 3 KB's from muscledriver. I ordered them Mon. and they were on the doorstep Wed. Prices were cheap comparitively. Now that I have them I need to learn more methods of torture. Any recommendations on DVD based training???