CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #2321
Meghan Reid

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

"Ideally though, I'd like to compete in Olympic Weightlifting of some kind - or just really begin to delve into this as a specialty. Gotta plan a bit better this year."

bahahahaja
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #2322
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Seriously, Meghan - journalling is the greatest.

------------------------------------

YESTERDAY, I did 12.5 again and I scored the exact same score - but my arms hurt SO MUCH MORE. And handily, it seems I may need to skip out on coaching my 630pm session tonight - which means, that I should only do this 3 times in the course of 4 days. I'm cool with that.

After this, we get settled into the new space - and then I have some serious overall life/work goal setting to do.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #2323
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Been thinking a lot lately - about training, about the gym, about life... that's pretty vague - but it needs to be noted that I'm pretty busy and pretty unsure of where I'm going with a lot of these things lately - not in a tragic way, really - just in a sort of... Jack Sparrow with a faulty compass way. Or something.

That said. Today... was sub-optimal sleep (maybe 5ish hours?) followed by:

Coffee with a tbsp. of local honey at 6am.

Coffee with a tbsp. of local honey at 930am + 5 oz. of Sesame Mango Salmon + 4 small red potatoes (about in bacon based potato salad - light mayo) + 8g of CHO and 5g worth of FAT worth of raspberry chocolate (80%).

Rooibos and Milk Thistle Tea at 12pm. Maybe 16 oz.

Training peeps, answering emails, touching base with coaches...

230pm: TRAINING. Random.

AMRAP in 20 minutes: Row 250m, 12 Hang Squat Cleans, 12 Burpee Box Jumps. I got 2 rounds at 1142 then like 3 minutes of rest - where I thought maybe I would just go to 10 minutes like originally planned - and then plus cleans and 4 burpee box jumps.

Post W/O: 10g of BCAAs straight up in water. Maybe 2 more cups of water (I don't drink a lot of water).

4-430pm: Walk dog, shower, get ready for Cara Heads/Cheryl Hayworth viewing. Going over to Grocery to get some dinner now. KIND of feeling like I may get coffee... AGAIN. Hmm...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #2324
Erin Davidson

Profile:

SUNDAY, 5/13/12

Partner WOD with Arrus We won for rx'd but we sucked pretty badly. And Tim Lux beat us by himself (saaaaaaaad)

MONDAY, 5/14/12

OLY LIFTING today. 9-11am - on only coffee, weighing in 136lbs.

Snatch, up to 51.5 where I failed.
Back down to 43 - midhang/shrugx2 xmidhangsnatch (FUN) (Marcy got footage)

Clean (no jerk - cause I'm training tomorrow)
Up to 68kg where the first pull got REAL slow. The clean was doable - but I had to squat.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #2325
Angie Marfisi

Profile:

yay your back! very good!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #2326
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Trying!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #2327
Erin Davidson

Profile:

TUESDAY, 5/15/12

Feeling pretty sore.

Snatch, up to 50kg (easy). Attempt at 52kg missed forward. Legs dead tired.

Clean and Jerk, up to 68kg. Feeling pretty good but missed the jerk (legs).

WEDNESDAY, 5/16/12

rest... ALLERGIES ASSAULTING ME.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #2328
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Forgot - no belt (as I've been lifting lately...) Back Squat 185 x 3.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #2329
Erin Davidson

Profile:

THURSDAY, 5/15/12

Snatch, (not a ton of time), up to 50kg - and then made 5 attempts there (110lbs.) of which I made 4 out of 5 (so that's goodish). I'm still working on trying to keep my pull big but also connect that to being as violent as possible in pulling myself under the bar - that's a lot to type - but the feeling when I do it and the moving video that I see of myself doing it in my head is pretty vivid.

I did want to clean but just didn't have time.

FRIDAY, 5/16/12

Conventional Deadlift up to 175 x 3. I feel good about this. It'll be fun to follow the cycle and actually TRY to get stronger - how innovative!

The last time I did "Fran" was in early January.

TODAY: 651 - oddly enough, a PR. Interesting.

Once upon a time I had the conditioning to complete all the thrusters unbroken. I should be able to do this next time. My pullups were split up 11-8-3 and then 5-5-5 and then 3-2-2-1-1 I guess the goal is to go sub 5 first - but I think a sub 4 is pretty important for the average "Regionals" athlete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
MONDAY, 1/9/12

I weigh in at about 61.1-61.7 kilos lately. It's the first day of the CFCC BCCC and I'm still sickish, but feeling a little better. I don't really DO the BCCC per se but I do think more about what I eat while I talk to EVERYONE about it. I think logging would kill me during this month but not logging but talking does seem to help in some weird way. Still taking drugs and homeopathic stuff to try to get better more quickly. What I really need, I think, is sleep.

So this was back when I was doing pretty well... I was at the peak of my training right before going to regionals. "3/15/10 - Fran, in 654. Wanted sub 7 so that felt good... course I did this with someone that got sub 5. Oy."

Today, 921. By myself, and after back squatting 165 for a triple. My back squat still feels pretty weak compared to how it's felt in the past. I could feel Nate in my hamstrings in the bottom of my squat. I should remember to try to do some stretching this week to correspond with the higher volume of CF lately.

Later, after coaching a bunch of classes, Tabata Wallball - because I really need to get better at Wallball. 61, is a little better than 54 - which was my score about two weeks ago. The goal? Probably at best to sustain a 10 per 20 second interval pace.

Last edited by Erin Davidson; 05-18-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #2330
Erin Davidson

Profile:

SATURDAY, 5/17/12

Assistant Coaching Intro in the AM. Then, meeting with Jim and Sammy - then training. Snatched up to 50kg and was messing around with the "hitting the hip" cue... hitting vs. brushing, yadda yadda yadda. I didn't have time to work the C and J for real... just went up to 60kg and stopped there cause I had a meeting. Then, did lots of housework and walked Maddox for like 3 hours (my feet hurt SO much when I got home and he was walking BEHIND me on the way home - heh).

SUNDAY, 5/18/12

Dropped in at 215. Lots of fun people

4rds
1min 24"bj, 1 min rest
1min mu, 1 min rest
1min du, 1 min rest
1min rope climbs 15', 1 min rest

with Cathyrn and Ave, + a lot of words with the guy who was filming us, Cathyrn and I got 457 total reps.

My muscle ups were, at best 3 in a minute, and at worst, 1 in a minute. I lost my legs a bit on the double unders (gotta get back to flight simulating). I couldn't figure out whether or not I wanted to rep my box jumps - which is exactly how I feel about the state of the gym doing them... that was interesting. And WOW... my rope climbs were rusty. The best I did was 3 in one minute, and the lowest I did was 1. I have a bit of rope rash under my right leg... I need to learn the Spanish hold - it seems less awful?

I really need to work on matching the muscle-through to the kip of my ring dip - it's not at all pretty, or strict, but it's safe, and it makes sense. I land VERY low in the ring dip and getting up fatigues me a lot when I don't simply use my kip. I spent a lot of Regionals looking at all the ways people string muscle-ups together and I have a few strategies to try. I've been thinking about making one of the Advanced WODs for many - 30 muscle-ups for time, for time, but in as little sets as possible. This would probably be relevant to me - and I'll probably need to go see Lucinda EVERY week that I do this one.

Then

5 min amrap
3 kipping hspu - c-spine HEYO
3 CTB

7rd + 1 C2B

I have a double kip on my C2B and I think that's because I'm weak... but I also think it could be easier to do a lot of these things if I sat down at 131-130lbs. I'll be trying to get there once the BCCC is over. Interestingly, I've gone from 134 to 137 since starting back to CF... water retention due to inflammation is probably the reason - even though I've been doing BCAAs, etc. I'm still pretty sore - and that's pretty typical for me. It could also be due to the fact that I've had some SORT of processed (as in, I didn't make it) stuff in the last week or so, and/or MORE fruit than I normally eat.

Then went to an awesome Seminar... and grocery shopped... and met Darwin (another Great Dane)... and didn't sleep as much as I should have.