CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Ted Williams

Profile:
Looking back over my notes, to see when I started Crossfit...I see that my first WOD was March 17th (man, time has flown!)...

I have seen great results, compared to my old tired bodyweight workouts and bad attempts at a running program...I'm stronger, leaner and just FEEL better.

I had the lovely honor of being the duty agent yesterday (Friday...yeah)...and lucked out that I didn't really get any calls. In fact, I was thinking about that at 10pm, while taking some sneaky bites of a chocolate raspberry tort (I'm bad...) while watching 28 Days Later with my wife...when my Nextel went off.

I think the other agent heard my swearing when I picked it up...anyhow, it was a lovely 10pm duty call. I had to get a file that was locked in a file room and HQ wanted it like...now.

Of course, no one could figure out who had access to that room (not our agency...)...and I called one of my sups to help out. We went to the office where the files are located and executed what could easily be called the most thorough search warrant drill on several office I have ever seen. It was amazing that no one had a secret stash of passcodes anywhere...I'm still shocked, as I was sure people would leave passwords and codes out..

Long story short, and 4 hours later...we get in touch with a guy who has access...though he lives in Stockton (the office is in San Jose, its at least 90 minutes between the two)...we try everything to help him remember the code over the phone...he doesn't even want to try, he says he has to be there to do it, to visualize it (I'm about to pull out my hair, but I shaved most of it off recently...argh)...

Guy finally shows up at around 2:30am...I've already tried everything I could think of to pick the lock, no dice...and sure enough, guy takes one look at the code...can't remember it!

I ask him if he uses the code a lot..."Yup, every day...but I can't remember it"....oh my....back and forth "just stay calm and try to remember"..."I can't!"...."then figure out a way for me to get into the room"...."have you tried climbing over the drop ceiling?"

:uhoh:

I'm thinking, are you kidding me...this room is like Fort Knox, and they don't have the drop ceiling secured?

I drag a file cabinet over to the door, hop up on it...push a ceiling tile out of the way...and then proceed to swiftly pull myself up and into the ceiling space (close to an actual muscle up! kind of wiggled my way up at the top though...too narrow up there!)...then sure enough again...pulled a ceiling tile off from above the room I needed access to...and low and behold...there are milk crates stacked up in the corner...like a ladder...stepped my way down and into the room.

I can tell you that none of the other guys there could have done it...and I couldn't have done that (well, not as easily...) 5 months ago...no life saving (that I am aware of) involved...but I felt damn cool getting to use my new found strength and agility :proud:

Thanks Crossfit!!!

Ted
Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Dan Silver

Profile:

Now write that memorandum exposing the terrible security breach which you have now debunked.

Demand a raise.

-D.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
Ted Williams

Profile:
I was actually wondering if I'll get a talking to for breaching security and breaking 2 ceiling tiles. Then I could just point at the JTTF guys that made me do it :biggrin:
Old 07-25-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
Erik Davis

Profile:
I imagine the Mission: Impossible theme song playing as this occurs.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
David Birozy

Profile:
Just an FYI, this same trick work for office mates (i.e. narc/vice guys) that like screwing with you (admin type) and then retreating into their office (with a false sense of security). Say by perhaps dropping in 5 dozen crickets you buy at the local pet store, or a few thousand lady bugs you buy at Home Depot (side note: also works well in vehicles). Or say, using the clear tubing for fish tanks (or a larger diameter from Home Depot, one end slipped under the tile over your "friends" desk to drench them with water as they try and act cool talking to their CI. One good yank and the evidence is gone. Of course, I've only heard of these things being done, but have no independant recollection.