CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #51
Christina Daley

Profile:
Re: Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Key View Post
Hi Christina!
I am BRAND NEW to crossfit. So brand new in fact that I just found a gym to work out at, but I don't know where it is located. I have contacted one of the coaches so that is the first step. So, literally I am THAT new to crossfit! I am very interested in seeing how you are doing now? What got me so interested in your post is because I too have PCOS! I was well over 200 lbs in January and I have started eating better [paleo without even knowing that most crossfitter's eat that way] and drinking water with the occasional glass of wine. I have gone from a size 27 to a 8-10 and i am now 183. i wanted to encourage you that even with PCOS it is possible to achieve your fitness goal! (((((HUGS))))) cyster!
That is awesome.. I'm down 30 pounds now..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
Christina Daley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Key View Post
Hi Christina!
I am BRAND NEW to crossfit. So brand new in fact that I just found a gym to work out at, but I don't know where it is located. I have contacted one of the coaches so that is the first step. So, literally I am THAT new to crossfit! I am very interested in seeing how you are doing now? What got me so interested in your post is because I too have PCOS! I was well over 200 lbs in January and I have started eating better [paleo without even knowing that most crossfitter's eat that way] and drinking water with the occasional glass of wine. I have gone from a size 27 to a 8-10 and i am now 183. i wanted to encourage you that even with PCOS it is possible to achieve your fitness goal! (((((HUGS))))) cyster!
Just an update. I ended up losing about 35 pounds, and we found out we were pregnant on Halloween. I attribute this to my cleaner eating and exercising. I never, ever thought I would get pregnant on my own, in fact our first son was conceived using fertility meds. I was shocked. So, I went through a couple months of eating really crappily, and gaining 15 pounds back. I'm getting myself back to paleo and back on my exercise routine.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #53
Stephen Bounds

Profile:

I weighed around 300lbs a year ago. At one time I was around 315. I'm sitting at around 245 now. I could probably be lighter if I had stayed more focused on weight loss lately, but have shifted my focus more towards adding muscle/strength.

My weight loss has been the result of changes in my diet and activity level. I try to eat mostly "paleo" and enjoy getting exercise in many different forms, including CrossFit style workouts.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #54
Jessica Eggleton

Profile:

When I first started out with Crossfit, I was 180lbs. It was my New Years resolution in 2012 to lose 30lbs, well Crossfit greatly exceeded my expectations. I'm down to 128lbs now after a year, and I took 3-4 months off from crossfit in the winter when I moved away from my box and then pulled my hamstring.

Since joining my new box at the beginning of March, I switched to the zone diet and I've seen some great gains physically, and it just goes to show that if it's something you really want, you will do just about anything to get there. 8 months and 52lbs later, it not only helped me lose weight, but rid of almost all of my back pain resulting from a spinal fracture and degenerated discs.

Last edited by Jessica Eggleton : 04-02-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Forgot some content
Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #55
Rudy Razo

Profile:

In August 2012, I started crossfit at 335 lbs. The first 2 Months, I lost 50 lbs, in 6 months I lost 100 lbs. and I am currently at 125 lbs lost in 9 months. I changed my diet at the same time I started crossfit to mostly Paleo with one cheat meal a week. I never starved myself, I never fasted, never ate anything I didn't like. I also jogged 3 times a week for 30 min. When I started in August I had to do jumping pullups because I couldn't even do assisted pullups with the 2 of the thickest bands. I now do Rx pullups in WODs and even knocked out chest to bar pullups during the Open. In January 2012 til July 2012 I was able to jog 5Ks even at 300+ lbs. This helped prepare my stamina for crossfit. My first 5K took me 40 min and I just did one 2 weeks ago in 23 min. For the first time in my life I am looking forward to summer to show off my hard work. I was always the guy in the pool with his shirt on. I have been big all my life so I try to inspire others that you do not have to remain BIG your entire life, nor do you need surgery or special pills. It does take hard work, patience, and sacrifice but the reward outweighs any hardships along the way. I post all of my pics of my weight loss journey on Instagram. I am not sure of the rules on this message board about putting personal accounts (like IG) on here so I will hold off on my screen name on there unless it is not an issue.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #56
Sean Dunston

Profile:

great work, Rudy!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #57
Richie Glanzer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Eggleton View Post
When I first started out with Crossfit, I was 180lbs. It was my New Years resolution in 2012 to lose 30lbs, well Crossfit greatly exceeded my expectations. I'm down to 128lbs now after a year, and I took 3-4 months off from crossfit in the winter when I moved away from my box and then pulled my hamstring.

Since joining my new box at the beginning of March, I switched to the zone diet and I've seen some great gains physically, and it just goes to show that if it's something you really want, you will do just about anything to get there. 8 months and 52lbs later, it not only helped me lose weight, but rid of almost all of my back pain resulting from a spinal fracture and degenerated discs.
That's good **** to everyone that lost weight. I'm trying really hard now and bought Paelo food from Eatology. They premake it and its expensive as heck but at least I'm finally losing weight.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #58
Patrick Rushbrook

Profile:

I lost 25. Nothing special compared to most of you.

There was a guy at my old box who (prior to joining) dropped 370 in less than 2 years without surgery.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #59
Ben Klein

Profile:

Congrats to everyone. I am primarily looking to lose weight as well, so this thread is very inspiring.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #60
Hans Bos

Profile:

I,m two weeks into crossfit right now and i,m down 12/13lbs!