CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #1551
Robert Martinez

Profile:
Re: Heard in the Office Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
I was in GNC looking at whey isolates (how is it none exist without artifical sweetner?), as I was quietly wandering around reading the ingredients on every container of protien powder the clerk (already very thin) was chatting with the customer at the register about the fact that she was considering going on the HCG diet to drop "the last 15 lbs", and explaining to the customer what that entailed, they both agreed it sounded pretty attainable and the customer left.
The clerk came over, and I explained my diet (paleo) and that though I was already breaking it to use whey, that I was really hoping to find something with less added sugars etc (the one I had tried originally was unbearably sweet). Her response was "That diet sounds really restrictive, I can't imagine how you would be able to live like that". *sigh*
Old 10-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #1552
Scott Donchak

Profile:

Quote:
I was in GNC looking at whey isolates (how is it none exist without artifical sweetner?), as I was quietly wandering around reading the ingredients on every container of protien powder the clerk (already very thin) was chatting with the customer at the register about the fact that she was considering going on the HCG diet to drop "the last 15 lbs", and explaining to the customer what that entailed, they both agreed it sounded pretty attainable and the customer left.
The clerk came over, and I explained my diet (paleo) and that though I was already breaking it to use whey, that I was really hoping to find something with less added sugars etc (the one I had tried originally was unbearably sweet). Her response was "That diet sounds really restrictive, I can't imagine how you would be able to live like that". *sigh*

http://www.jayrobb.com/jayRobbProtein.asp WFS
I hear good things about this protein. It's all natural supposedly, but more importantly, uses stevia as the sweetener as opposed to aspartame or sugar.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #1553
Keith Martin

Profile:

The other day a VP read a story that stated, "high stress jobs are making people fatter". I had to come out of my office, and me being me, I responded, "umm, no, bad eating habits and no exercise is what makes people fatter". After I stated that, you could've heard a pin drop it was so quiet. My VP is overweight. However, I still have my job.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #1554
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Martin View Post
The other day a VP read a story that stated, "high stress jobs are making people fatter". I had to come out of my office, and me being me, I responded, "umm, no, bad eating habits and no exercise is what makes people fatter". After I stated that, you could've heard a pin drop it was so quiet. My VP is overweight. However, I still have my job.
Both statements can be true at the same time. People in high stress jobs are less likely to eat well or exercise adequately. (Which is a shame, since better habits would help lower their stress.)

Glad you still have your job.

Katherine
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #1555
Angelina Kelly

Profile:

Quote:
Have you tried Whole Foods or similar type stores? Their products generally don't have artificial sweeteners. I buy hemp protein sometime at my local organic type store and I think I've seen whey there but not sure.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #1556
Kim Thornton

Profile:

After a co-worker/friend complimented me on my recent pix and progress, she proceeded to explain to me WHY she wasn't working out even though she "needed to drop 30 lbs". (Crazy, because I didn't ask). I was expecting to hear some kind of medical condition or injury or something to that effect.

She didn't want to "sweat out her hairstyle". I just smiled and complimented her hairstyle. *sigh*

My friends have the best excuses.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #1557
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Kelly View Post
Have you tried Whole Foods or similar type stores? Their products generally don't have artificial sweeteners. I buy hemp protein sometime at my local organic type store and I think I've seen whey there but not sure.
I absolutely loved my hemp protein, and was able to get it with turbinado sugar which is much less offensive, however it is high carb and relatively low protein in comparison so I was going to try out whey isolates for awhile. I tried about 3 different stores before I settled on one that is still pretty terrible tasting, but I'm giving it a chance and I will try a different one when this container is out so maybe I'll check out Whole Foods.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #1558
Todd Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Thornton View Post
She didn't want to "sweat out her hairstyle".
I've got nothing - WOW

Right up there with the guy in my office that quit Wii Fit because he sweated on the floor.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #1559
Allen Tluczek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Thornton View Post
My friends have the best excuses.
One of my friends' reason for not exercising is "Look" (while pointing to his gut).
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #1560
Keith Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Tluczek View Post
One of my friends' reason for not exercising is "Look" (while pointing to his gut).
Isn't that considered cause and effect?