CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
Alex Romero

Profile:
Re: How did your "Murph" go?

First time doing it with a vest (20#). I was a little concerned because my previous PR set last year without the vest wasn't great (about 50 minutes), but I figured since I'm a lot fitter than last year I'd give it a shot.

Took me 65:37. I don't care about the time I'm just very proud that I finished and did each rep true to form. I do admit there were times I wanted to rip the vest off. That last mile run was torture.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Maurice Mayfield Jr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Mayfield Jr View Post
It was my 1st time ever doing this WOD it was fun and hard 47mins. I just hard my 41st b-day so going to try it again in a month the goal is 41mins .
no vest
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #13
Don Werbeck

Profile:

55:00! I was very happy to just have finished it in a "reasonable" time. It was humid as hell, the first run by itself was really draining. I didn't wear a vest, but then again I'm old (62) so I don't have to!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #14
Chris Jones

Profile:

Our box did Murph about a month and a half ago, out of the blue for some reason. I had a 12 minute PR over last years time at 46 minutes, so i was pumped with that. A local box did a fundraiser this year to collect money for Wounded Warriors Project and were doing teams, so i got a buddy to go with me and we each did both runs, and split up the reps in the middle. It was a good time, with a great turnout and almost $600 raised.

Edit: my buddy talked me into doing the workout straight through instead of Cindy style like ive always done it, its a bunch harder! That last mile after squats is just trying to keep up with your moving body, its pretty much running on auto-pilot at that point.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:16 AM   #15
Pete Lauder

Profile:

Did it here in Australia on Anzac Day, and knocked it over in just over 40mins. Like mentioned above, great camaraderie at the box amongst members reflecting on those that have served for us to enjoy the live's we now live.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #16
Eric Konieczny

Profile:

Awesome job everyone, it is great to read the stories and different perspectives, and really forget about the time
Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
Joe Spinelli

Profile:

Our box also had a great turnout for Murph. Our owner's brother is a Navy Seal, which is pretty cool. Our weather was perfect and the atmosphere was awesome. Everyone cheering each other on and many guys wearing vests.

This was my 3rd time doing Muprh, but this year I have a fractured hand. (I injured it doing a max box jump attempt while training for a partner competition that is tomorrow, that I unfortunately had to pull out of.) As a result I did ring rows with my one good hand (doc said no pulling).

Murph
2012 - 64:25 - jumping pull-ups and knee pushups
2013 - 51:10 - RX Cindy style
2014 - 47:25 - not rx. I can do 20 rounds of 5 pullups so I think maybe 2 minutes more for RX?

My goal was to keep a good pace and I really felt good about my pace and my wind. I was sad not to be able to do RX, but I think I may give it a shot once my hand heals so I can see me year-over-year progress.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
Enrico Chacon

Profile:

This was my first time doing the workout. Finished in 44 minutes and change. Lost some time due to transition because I had to walk around the rig and people to get to my pull-up station.

I did 10 rounds of 10-20-30 but broke it up into 10-pushups, 10 squats, 10 pull-ups, 10 squats, 10 pushups, and 10 squats. Breaking it up like this gave the difference muscle groups time to "rest". Next year I am definitely doing it with a 20lb vest.

As a fellow Long Islander, thank you Lt. Michael Murphy for your sacrifice.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #19
Hector Gonzalez

Profile:

First time doing Murph, great WOD. Finished in 39:!8
Old 06-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #20
Jason Darrow

Profile:

First time doing Murph. Did it with my son in our garage gym. My son did the buttercup version in 18:10 and I did my with no vest in 38:26. I always take the time to explain the Hero WODs to my son so he understands the meaning behind the WOD. We know next time we both need to step it up. I will go with a vest and he will do another scaled version.