CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 02-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #11
Clint Harris

Profile:
Re: When do you wash your clothes ?

Never. I just put them in the hamper and they magically show up clean again. The hamper is pretty awesome, is made from intertwined cane, is cloth lined, and cost maybe $15. All I do is open the lid, put clothes in, then shut the lid. Within the next few days they show up clean and ready to be worn again. I may have got it from Target, but perhaps Bed, Bath and Beyond ....... maybe the beyond section itself.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #12
Alex Burden

Profile:

You know what, my wife says the same thing about the car... it is always clean and magically always fully tanked.

But i wish i had one of those magic hampers, if they were on E-Bay i would buy half a dozen just to make sure i had enough to last the rest of my life
Old 02-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
Martin Rivera

Profile:

I have enough shorts and shirts to last me a week or two, but I usually wash everything on Sunday.
<>< Philippians 4:13 thecubefitness.com (WFS) dsgear.com (WFS) virusintl.com (WFS)
Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #14
Chuck Golden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Marceaux View Post
I wash after every WOD. I sweat too much to re-wear anything.

Most of the time my stuff goes straight in the washer when I get home. If they sit in the dirty clothes for even a couple days they start to get pretty ripe.

I also found during the summer my stuff will get nasty just sitting in the car all day, I work out before work. And I even had some problems with them stinking even after washing. They'd be totally fine until I'd get warmed up and it was like the first drop of sweat just unleashed a massive stink bomb. I had to start dumping baking soda on worth loads and even soaked some particularly nasty shirts in vinegar
Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
Clint Harris

Profile:

Chuck, try soaking in some water + white vinegar before washing. Helps to kill that post-wash odor. We buy one of those large distilled white vinegar container for like $2 at the grocery store. Good for 5 or so soaks.
Put clothes in washer, start to fill water, add some vinegar and soak 30 mins. Spin to get rid of that water, wash normally

(damn, I'm busted, I don't have a magic hamper afterall).
Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 PM   #16
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Golden View Post

Most of the time my stuff goes straight in the washer when I get home. If they sit in the dirty clothes for even a couple days they start to get pretty ripe.
Chuck - what temp do you wash your clothes? I know most labels say wash at 40 degrees but never works. Wack them in at 60 degrees but no softner.

The softner is not good for training clothes and actually weakens the material and ruins the breathing properties of it.

If you dont wash your clothes for a day or so after training then hang them to dry first and then stick them in the magic hamper that Clint had otherwise they will build up on bacteria while being damp and can get that nasty smells that is hard to get rid of.

And who said we men can't do the washing
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
Chuck Golden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burden View Post

Chuck - what temp do you wash your clothes? I know most labels say wash at 40 degrees but never works. Wack them in at 60 degrees but no softner.

The softner is not good for training clothes and actually weakens the material and ruins the breathing properties of it.

If you dont wash your clothes for a day or so after training then hang them to dry first and then stick them in the magic hamper that Clint had otherwise they will build up on bacteria while being damp and can get that nasty smells that is hard to get rid of.

And who said we men can't do the washing
So I assume 60 degree water would be warm/cold or warm/warm cycle? I must have a cheap washer that doesn't have exact degrees.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #18
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Golden View Post
So I assume 60 degree water would be warm/cold or warm/warm cycle? I must have a cheap washer that doesn't have exact degrees.
HI Chuck... i would have no idea...

on my machine it has loads of diferent temps and types of wash... i just hit the button and it does it stuff, all electronic.

Maybe i should have said 60 degrees celsius or 140 fahrenheit... all celsius over here in Europe..

Last edited by Alex Burden : 03-04-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
Never. I just put them in the hamper and they magically show up clean again. The hamper is pretty awesome, is made from intertwined cane, is cloth lined, and cost maybe $15. All I do is open the lid, put clothes in, then shut the lid. Within the next few days they show up clean and ready to be worn again. I may have got it from Target, but perhaps Bed, Bath and Beyond ....... maybe the beyond section itself.
Thanks for the laugh, Clint!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #20
Milton Brisson

Profile:

I take my suits to the dry cleaners, two or three times a year......dont do it too often, spot wash where needed....

Gym clothes, after every use! Some people perspire, some people sweat, I just plain stink! If I could do a load half-way through a WoD that would be better, but logistics prevent that!