CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
adam adkins

Profile:
Muscle Driver - "Clock Gone Bad"

Anyone ordering one of these?

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/clgobadfsh.html (WFS)
Old 08-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Muscle Driver - "Clock Gone Bad"

When I get some cash, absolutely.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Matt Thacker

Profile:

I had some questions about the clock and emailed the rep, here is the email for everyones info:

Matt,

Thanks for the interest. This first version of the clock only does Fight Gone Bad and a 20/10 TABATA. However, we already have a version 2.0 that will have the ability for programmable intervals. It will likely not be available until November. Attached is the operations manual.
Regards,

Eric C.
----- Original Message -----
To: ecarpenter@muscledriverusa.com
Cc: info@crossfithenderson.com
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 3:36 PM
Subject: clock gone bad questions

Eric,
I am the owner of a Crossfit Affiliate and have some product questions related to your Clock Gone Bad. I was given your email by the person who answered the phone. Could you tell me if the clock is programmable for other intervals besides tabata or FGB. The reason I am asking is that in Crossfit (as you problably know) we sometimes do other intervals such as 45 on 20 off ect. I have been eagerly anticipating the release of this product and hope you can answer my questions. If you can send me a PDF of the product manual I would be thrilled. I really want the clock and may buy one regardless but knowing it will do other intervals will certainly sell me.

Thanks,

Matt Thacker
Crossfit Henderson
Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Brandon Head

Profile:

Hmmmm....I would hope they would have some kind of system in place to update the 1.0. Unless they charge a lot more for 2.0, 1.0 is seemingly worthless already, minus of course tabata and FGB...
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Eric Carpenter

Profile:

I would just like to make a quick point of clarification. We are coming out with another model of the timer later this year. It will not obsolete the current timer. We received a lot of good ideas for the timer and realized that, like many of our products, we would need to provide more than one solution to satisfy the majority of the community. One of the most frequent comments we got back during our “name the timer” contest was that the planned $200+ price point was acceptable for some but high for many. We decided to go with the current configuration of the timer to cover the vast majority of workouts at a lower price. The next timer will be at a higher price point but will have more functionality. More details will be posted on the web site later in the year.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Matt Thacker

Profile:

Thanks for the feedback Eric. I cant wait for the 2.0 to arrive. You guys should sell a bunch of these! Hopefully the price wont rise too much, the original clock looks great minus the ability to set custom intervals. Since the 2.0 revision wont require anything more than additional programming hopefully it wont hurt the price too bad. Either way, you guys are filling a very big hole in this niche market...nothing worse than having to run to the watch to see what your time is or having to dedicate a person to running the clock. A trainer should be able to focus the majority of his efforts on training and this clock will help a bunch.

Last edited by Matt Thacker : 08-24-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: more content
Old 08-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Mike Gin

Profile:

Wow, this looks great! Do any of the main page WODs do any different intervals other than FGB and Tabata? I can't recall any, but that certainly doesn't mean they don't exist.

I like the cleaner lines - the Title one can be programmed however I'm not a big fan of the number pad on the front. I'm assuming it can run with battery or plugged in.

The clock feature is great, as is the 10 sec. get ready period. And the 3, 2, 1, go! too. Too bad they didn't get some nice voice options to do the countdown like the GPS units...

This looks like it should fit my needs perfectly. Pretty decadent item for a garage gym...
Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
adam adkins

Profile:

Thanks for the input Eric. I love what muscledriver is doing and both clocks seem like great products. It seems like version 2.0 may better suit my needs but I may go with the "closk gone bad" as well.

The more important question, though, is do I get a cut for getting the ball rolling over here on the Crossfit forums?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #9
Eric Carpenter

Profile:

Well, we were wondering how long it would take for this product to hit the forum. As for a cut, I would hate to bias your opinion.

This product was born out of my own frustration with what was available in the market and I think it can definitely add to the workout experience. We wanted to create a product specifically for CrossFit workouts that could be seen from a distance with just a glance. There is something about knowing a new personal record is about to be broken or watching people push each other to beat the best time posted by the group that gets my little garage all fired up. My best Fran time came just after my workout partner posted his own personal record. There were only four or five of us in my garage but everyone could see from the timer that it was going to be close. The whole group including my buddy was going ballistic screaming at me to beat the time, it was awesome. CrossFit brings out this kind of camaraderie from people but the timer can be great communicator when your support is pushing you.

Last edited by Eric Carpenter : 08-25-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: better wording
Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Craig Massey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Carpenter View Post
Well, we were wondering how long it would take for this product to hit the forum. As for a cut, I would hate to bias your opinion.

This product was born out of my own frustration with what was available in the market and I think it can definitely add to the workout experience. We wanted to create a product specifically for CrossFit workouts that could be seen from a distance with just a glance. There is something about knowing a new personal record is about to be broken or watching people push each other to beat the best time posted by the group that gets my little garage all fired up. My best Fran time came just after my workout partner posted his own personal record. There were only four or five of us in my garage but everyone could see from the timer that it was going to be close. The whole group including my buddy was going ballistic screaming at me to beat the time, it was awesome. CrossFit brings out this kind of camaraderie from people but the timer can be great communicator when your support is pushing you.
Is it able to run off a mains adapter?