CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #1041
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: The Wolverines Log

Wednesday April 26
Clean Pull to Stick 3x2: 275, 295, 315, 315, 315
- stick at navel height

Jerk Steps 3x5 each leg: 275, 275, 295
- getting really solid on these

Uneven Farmers Walk 3x75ft: 40kg one hand, 16kg other hand
- did 6 total Farmers walks so I could have 3 with the 40 for each hand

One Arm Push-ups 3x4
- I got these back! Totally unassisted. Felt awesome to be able to do them again.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #1042
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Friday April 28
Back Squat 8+ AMRAP@80%: 135, 225, 275, 310x12
- feeling great!

Press 8+ AMRAP@80%: 95, 135, 155x10
- not as great as I wanted but it's still over 8

Weighted Pull-ups (1,2,3)x3: 75
- again... not actually hard yet.

And that's it for this block! Next up is 5's. But first I have a 10 day vacation to go on in Dominican with my wife. Hopefully that works as a really good deload and I don't come back way weaker from it. All my maxes are going up this month though so it's going really well!
Old 05-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #1043
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Thursday May 4
Vacation workout. They had a basic gym setup but it was quite lacking. They had one barbell and amazingly some bumper plates but there was a no drop sign. I just wanted to do some deload work but I only ended up getting this one workout in. Not smart I know! But when you're in the Caribbean you just can't argue with the beach...

Snatch: worked up to 205. Pretty stoked about that.

Push Press: did some sets of 5 up to 155

Front Squat: did some sets of 5 up to 225

Did some one arm rows hanging off a treadmill arm because they had no pull-up bars or anything. Pathetic. They also had no official squat rack which ultimately kept me from coming back in for more deload work. No pull-up bar and no squat rack meant I may as well stay at the beach.

Also by the end of the vacation it was quite noticeable I had lost weight. At an all inclusive resort I flipping lost weight. I would often get several plates and was not afraid to eat some donuts with real Dominican dark chocolate. I chalk it up to not having any milk.

--------

Thursday May 11
Starting up again officially. Approaching 2 weeks off now so my wheels are rusty. I won't lie my routine was quite broken by our vacation and it was actually really hard to force myself into the gym today. It ended up ok but man things were heavy.

Push Press 6x5: 170
- these actually weren't too bad

Front Squat 5,5,5+: 215, 245, 275
- yikes that top set was nasty. But I did it. I haven't front squatted heavy this whole program and decided it was time to push the front squat again. I'll be following 5,3,1 progression just for front squats, everything else stays juggernaut.

One Arm Ring Rows: 3x8 bent knee.

No Olympic work. It's 3 weeks until we move into our house and I get my home gym, for this cycle I may just leave it out entirely until I get my platform setup in our new place.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #1044
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Sunday May 14
I was pretty excited to train today but left discouraged. I've felt totally fine with no back stuff for quite some time and when I got under the bar today to squat my back was very tight especially on my bad side. I've never had that before, even squatting 225 was difficult for a set of 5. I did a few sets hoping it would loosen up but it didn't. I put my working weight on at 275 to try it out and didn't even get halfway down before I put it back. There's always another day and I really don't want to injure myself badly. I don't think this is any sort of injury, I think it's just tightness from the heavy front squats honestly. I had almost two full weeks of sitting around the beach, my low back will take a while to catch up. It's too bad because it might make this whole cycle totally bunk but if I have to reset back at the 10's so be it. It's better than pushing through and hurting myself. I'll try again in a few days and see how it is. I could tell strength wise it was easy so I'm not worried about leg strength, it's just my lower back was wussing out.

Did 6x5 shoulder press at 135 and some sets of 10 pull-ups.

Live to fight another day.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #1045
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Tuesday May 16
Back suddenly felt better so I got in the gym and did some squats.

Back squats 6x5: 275

Good Mornings 3x8: 95
- yup I used 95 pounds on my good mornings. It's all my back could take.

Saturday May 20
Everything is starting to feel better and get back to normal.

Front Squats 3,3,3+: 225, 260, 295
- only did prescribed reps. Leg strength is still lacking.

Push Press 4x5: 195
- these were actually pretty heavy. I'm a little worried about next week, I may not be getting much more than the prescribed reps but whatevs.

One Arm Rows: 10,10,8,5 bent knee.

Only two more weeks until I have a permanent home for my gym!