CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-30-2017, 06:59 AM   #11
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Re: The Open honor system is broken, Masters need regionals

In order to make it to the Masters Q you will need video of all your Open events because CF will ask for one (or in some instances) more than one of them. All of the Masters Q events also require a video if you think you are going to the Games. HQ will also ask for those.

I get that there are "different and better" scoring systems out there, but complaining about a system that has been in place for several years and that was known prior to the event ? I don't mind that there are not Masters Regionals, it would be extra added expense for a lot of people that have jobs etc. Plus the gap from the Open athletes to Masters is huge.

Bottom line is that people cheat, they will try and find ways to cheat live and in person. The fact that CF gives Masters the opportunity to compete out there in the big show at the Games year after year is pretty cool too.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #12
Michael Lynch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
In order to make it to the Masters Q you will need video of all your Open events because CF will ask for one (or in some instances) more than one of them.
Can someone else verify this? All these years I was under the impression the Open workouts are not required to be recorded.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #13
Diana Alt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lynch View Post
Can someone else verify this? All these years I was under the impression the Open workouts are not required to be recorded.
You are only required to video all workouts if you expect to progress to regionals, not for qualifiers.

Also, videos submitted to verify performance for regional invitations and qualifier videos are *not* just reviewed by the normal online judges pool. There are specific highly qualified judges invited to that video review team. Typically those parties have multiple years of regional and games judging experience from what I understand.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #14
Michael Lynch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Alt View Post
You are only required to video all workouts if you expect to progress to regionals, not for qualifiers
This has always been my understanding (minus the part about recording if think you expect to progress to Regionals) I have yet to see the rules state anyone have to video their Open workout. Unless of course they are subimitting a video for scoring.

I would agree with you Jason, people cheat. When competition get tough or when no one is watching (aka the Open) the likely hood of someone cheating is higher.

My arguement is not about the current scoring system (since I don't know much about it) my arguement is about the current non-verification/honor Open system