CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
I was inspired to start a journal by Anthony, so i figured i might as well get started. I first posted about a month ago on the boards, but have only somewhat adopted the crossfit methodology. I have been incorporating some of the "girls" at the end of my BB style workouts, but after watching video of Anthony, and others, and following his journal, i've decided to go all out and follow the prescribed WOD on the 3 on 1 off schedule with NO bb at all. In the last month, i've done Lynne, Fran, and Cindy twice. They went ok, but more importantly i liked the way i felt after. So anyway, here goes with Day 1. Please feel free to leave any feedback, good or bad. Thanks.

Sunday 060326
Run 400 meters
50 Wall-ball shots
30 Pull-ups
Run 800 meters
30 Pull-ups
50 Wall-ball shots
Run 400 meters
}

Time = 20:56

Substitutions - subbed thrusters with two 20 lb db's for wall ball shots, as i don't currently have a wall ball (though it should be here in a few days).

Comments- Felt like i was going to die! This can only improve.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Russ Greene

Profile:

You will always feel like you're going to die. In fact one of the fastest ways to make progress is to increase the amount of pain you're willing to endure.

Good luck.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Good luck, Jeremy! I think you'll be very pleased with your decision.

But unfortunately, Russ is correct. No matter how strong or fast you get, the ladies will always leave you feeling like death. :biggrin:
Old 03-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060327

Overhead squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Front squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Back squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps

Try to increase the load on each of the fifteen sets.

overhead squat 55x2 65x2 75x1 85x1 95x1
front squat 115x2 135x2 155x1 185x1 215x1
back squat 225x2 250x2 275x1 300x1 325xfailure
**all weights in pounds

comments - this was a good workout. i needed to find out about where my max lifts were, and what better way than this. i haven't attempted any max efforts in quite awhile and felt that i definitely had a little more in me, especially on the front squats. the back squat was a failure at 325 because i started to get a little forward with my torso. my partner stepped in for the spot. the weight didn't feel very heavy, so i need to work on my form a little with the heavier weights and get it next time. i also did the crossfit WU two times through before hitting this workout.

Russ - thanks for the kind words! i have a high pain tolerance so i will keep at it in hopes of making that progress.

Anthony - thank you for the words of encouragement as well. I'll be sure to keep checking your journal for the inspiration!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060328

Five rounds for time of:
Push-jerk 95 lbs, 15 reps
15 L pull-ups

substitutions = none
time = 16:05

comments - i definitely feel like i can do better on this workout. i didn't give the L-pull-ups nearly the respect that they deserved!! I'm with Anthony when he says that there's something about the high rep pushing/pulling that brings pukie to the brink.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Today was a huuuge day for me. A friend and i made a trip up from the sacramento area to crossfit norcal in chico to see the facility, workout, and talk with the very generous owners there. This was my first experience with a crossfit specific facility. The facility was very nice and Robb and Nicki were extremely generous with their time and information. I can't thank them enough. An added bonus was that Eva T. was there, which blew my mind. I've been in awe of her (as i'm sure most here have) since i first came to this site a couple months ago. She didn't disappoint...she was very nice, kicked our asses in a workout, was very patient with my pitiful attempts at kipping, and had a physique that everyone should have a chance to witness!! Robb was kind enough to put 4 of us through a workout, which was:
3 rounds of 15 reps each for time of:
Kb swing
burpee
d-ball slam
95 lb. push press

it was very nausea inducing and i finished with a 13:12 time...a solid 1:05(i think) behind Eva. her presence, and Robb and Nicki watching definitely pushed me harder than usual!!

It was a great experience and exceeded all expectations that i had. Also, i got to try out the rings for the first time in my life. I've got em' on order and am patiently awaiting them, like so many of you. The rings went well, as i got 3 consecutive muscle-ups. I had been dying to try one as i've been practicing on a straight bar, which to date has been a best of a whole 1 in a row!!

Came back to sacramento and did the posted WOD in the afternoon:
Thursday 060330

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

I'm really working on technique on these and didn't go real heavy. My numbers were:
45-45-55-65-75-85-95 (weights in lbs)

A great day and i'll sleep very well tonight!!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Five rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
35 pound Dumbbell thruster, 15 reps (70 lbs total)
15 pull-ups

time = 30:35
substitutions = subbed 400m runs for the rowing, as i don't yet have access to a rower.

comments - this was brutal, as it looked a lot easier written than it was. I second Anthony's comments on this one, blah..should have been faster...too much resting.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #8
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060401

Hang Clean 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 2

45x5 95x3 135x1 155x1 175x1 195x1 205x1 210x1 215x1

These didn't feel too great as i got some pain in my left shoulder. I'm almost positive that the pain was due to the issues i was having with form. I wasn't sitting low enough when catching the weight and my elbows kept flaring out instead of getting up into a good rack position. I definitely have more weight in me if i can get the technique worked out.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Monday 060403

"Diane"

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

substitutions = none

time =16:29

i feared this workout!!!! i had never done handstand push-ups, or handstand anything else for that matter, so i wasn't sure how exactly i would make it through. turned out ok, though. the handstand push-ups were tough, as i had to break apart each set. at my best i could knock out about 5 in a row, at worst was 2. what it did do was really motivate me to work on them. the deads were very easy and made up about 2.5 to 3 minutes of my total time, so i have no illusions as to where my weakness is. i guess that's the point of crossfit though (one of them anyway), to expose weaknesses and get better.
i'm already scared as hell of fran tomorrow!!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060404

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

Substitutions = none
Time = 5:35

What a difference a month makes!! I did Fran about 3-4 weeks ago before jumping fully into crossfit and got a 7:35, now after a few weeks of "just" doing crossfit WOD's i've shaved 2 min off my time. Unbelievable!!!! This is addicting...and that isn't even including all the other benefits that this training has brought in such a short time (that will be another post entirely).

I'm dreading all the dips i'm going to have to do tomorrow since i ordered my rings only a month ago!!!!