CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060416
Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 3

Front Squat:
45 x 10
95 x 5
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1
215 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
(all weights in pounds)

It was real nice to see a max effort day, as it's been awhile!! Needed it to stay sane!! also nice of coach to give it to us on a day where my crossfit friendly gym was closed. I don't have a home set-up, so i had to head to the 24 hour fitness. I was worried that it would be a workout that 24 hour does not "approve" of, and be stuck not being able to do the prescribed WOD. All ended well, though!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Really impressive work in here, Jeremy. Keep it up!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Anthony - Thank you very much, as you inspired this to begin with!! It's good to see you going at it as hard as possible with the bum leg...very inspirational!

Monday 060417

Three rounds for time of:

21 Burpees, get air (6")
21 Squat snatches, 45 pound barbell
21 Wall Ball shots, 10 foot target, 20 pound ball
21 Thrusters, 25 pound dumbbells
21 Squat cleans, 25 pound dumbells

There are 315 squats in this workout.

subs = none
time = 35:48

315 squats in this workout. Yes, there were, and i'm currently feeling each and every one of them. I will surely second Anthony's sentiments when he says that he hopes he never sees this one again!! Very brutal. It looked fairly tame on paper..but i guess i should know better by now. I basically just took too much rest.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060419

"Murph"

For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

subs = nope, but if i had access to a rower, i sure as hell would have used it!!!

time = 44:40

The time was higher than i was aiming for, but it was the first time with "murph" and i was satisfied. I definitely gave it everything i had. Pull-up's went fine, push-up's were the easiest part, squats kicked my ***, and the run was at submaximal speed due to my leg still really bothering me from the 10k and 5k running barrage we had a week ago. I ran as fast as i could, considering.

I'm pretty excited at the moment, though much lighter in the wallet, because i just secured my spot in the july crossfit certification seminar and booked my flights. I can't wait to be a part of it all!!!

Looking forward to attacking the handstand weakness tomorrow!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thursday 060420

For time:
15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups

subs = nope
time = 23:30

comments = Funny thing about these workouts, especially being relatively new to crossfit, is that i always go into them saying that i'll give it the absolute best i can and try to improve on that. Mostly because almost each one at this point is new to me. Yet every time i finish, i look at the time and say, "damn, i was hoping for a little bit better". Not sure where i get off hoping for a particular time when i've never done the workout before...but, oh well.

Today went down just like that. I got done and felt like i could, and should get sub 20. I just need to push a little bit harder. One place i could have saved a couple of minutes was the distance between the pull-up bar and the "handstand area". Basically, the gym is covered with mirrors and the owner frowns upon us kicking our feet up against them. fair enough. So what we have to do is run from the pull-up bar to the adjoining martial arts facility which has plain walls and padded floors. It consists of running out a door, down a hallway, and in through another door. Maybe i could solve this little dilemma if i can get good enough to hold a freestanding handstand...and proceed to do push-up's!!!!!
looking forward to a day of heavy power cleans before my USAW club coach course this weekend!!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Jacob Tsypkin

Profile:
Jeremy - I know what you mean about always wanting a better time after you're done. But the fact is, we never know just how strong we are...however, we never know just how weak we are, either. All you can do is try to beat your time next time around.

As to the HSPU/Pullup dilemma...have you considered getting/building a pullup bar where you live? Is that feasible?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060421

Power Clean 3-3-3-2-2-2-2 reps

135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 2
205 x 2
215 x 2
220 x 2
all weights in pounds

Technique still needs a little work, especially in the second pull, but these all felt really good. I actually missed my second rep at 220, but got ****ed off enough to get it 30 seconds later, so i counted it.

Jacob - i actually do have a nice homemade pull-up bar in my backyard that is an extension of the patio cover, so that is definitely a good call!! I can find a few places at my house to knock out HSPU's. I'll have to ponder doing that next time. The reason i generally choose to go to the gym is that there is a small crew of us that does these WOD's together and the push/competition is nice. Also, the gym owner thinks Crossfit is the greatest thing to ever come along, despite the gym not being set-up ideally for it (it's pretty close, though...a great deal closer than any of the chain gyms could hope to be). Thank you for your input and nice work on your workouts, i check your journal daily!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060423

Five rounds for time of:
Deadlift 7 reps
Ring dip 10 reps

deadlift = 280 lbs. (1.5x bodyweight)
dips = regular in 3:1 ratio, 30 per round

time = 13:16

This weekend was my USAW club coach course, so i didn't really have a rest day. Though the weights used at the course were not heavy, the total volume was high. This made for an overall very fatiguing weekend!! Regardless, when i saw this posted on saturday night, i knew i would find some way to squeeze it in on sunday, tired or not. deads and dips are a couple of favorites!!!

After completing this, i wondered to myself if Tyler sits around and giggles when he sees a WOD posted that includes ring work??? Laughing and taunting those of us whose rings are still a few weeks away!!! I know that having them would shave A LOT of time off of this one!! Oh, well, a good workout it was. The deads felt fairly light, even though my goal was to put a challenging weight on the bar for 7's. That must be a good sign that strength is improving!!

looking forward to tomorrows front squats, as i felt i had a little left in me when we did them a week ago.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 AM   #9
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
You're 185 and nailed 220x2 on power cleans? I'm jealous!! Really strong work, Jeremy!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Thank you, Anthony! Yea, i'm fairly strong at the movement, but after doing the USAW club coach course this past weekend, i can do better. I'm using too much strength and not enough technique in getting the weight up. I've always been a good deadlifter, so i basically am just using one long pull from floor to rack position. I need to work on a better shrug and more powerful hip extension while keeping the weight closer to my body.