CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Tuesday 060502

Four rounds for time of:
20 pound Medicine ball cleans, 20 reps***
100 ft Walking lunge***
45 pound One arm dumbbell snatch, right arm, 10 reps
45 pound One arm dumbbell snatch, left arm, 10 reps

***subs - my homemade, sand filled bball weighs 23.5 lbs
- added a 40 lb bar across back for extra leg work on
lunges.
time - 27:09

Wow!! This was a tough workout. I'm not sure i've ever been that numb in the legs before!! My time sucked, but i felt like i got a lot out of it. I even developed a new favorite exercise, The one arm DB snatch. I had only done the power version of this before, but liked it even more catching it in the full squat!!!

Not looking forward to tomorrow. It's hard to swallow my frustration of not having my rings yet, but there isn't much i can do about it. I trust Tyler is doing all he can. It just sucks knowing right off the bat how much slower my time will be using regular dips, instead of ring dips. Not to mention the havoc regular dips wreak on my shoulder joints due to the fact that finding dip bars that are narrow enough to hit under your arm pit is nearly impossible. Nearly every apparatus i've ever seen is way too wide. Oh, well, at least the pull-ups will be fun!!

AnthonyB - thank you very much. I know you didn't get that sub-10 you were looking for, but next time around you will destroy it (i'm sure not having the cold will help by leaps and bounds)!! I didn't feel very fast doing it, so i was kind of surprised by the time. Also felt slow due to the fact that my training partner smoked me by almost a full minute!!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Yeah, Helen whooped my *** again. The swings and chins were decent, but the rowing killed me for some reason. Usually that's my strong point, but last night I was toast!

I think I will pass on the 3x dips and do some 5x5 squats/bench. Have fun! Hahahaha. :biggrin:
Old 05-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Wednesday 060503

Ten rounds for time of:
10 Pull-ups
10 Ring Dips

subs - yep, regular dips in the ridiculous 3:1 ratio
time - 32:25

All sets of pull-ups were fast and unbroken...dips were another story. After the first 2 sets of dips, all sets were broken into various groups of anywhere from 5-11.

Now, there are a lot of folks claiming that a 3:1 ratio is letting people without rings "off easy". They could not be more wrong. Having only been on rings once, i did dips (as part of muscle-ups), and they were harder, but not that bad. A 2:1 ratio...ok, i'll concede that, but 3:1??? Absolutely not!!!!!!!! Rings will dramatically improve this time.

As i wait patiently for Tyler's email....
Old 05-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #4
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
lol, I agree with you. I went down this road during a WOD that involved handstand pushups, dips (3:1) and pushups. It was pure hell. All I can say is that I am very pleased that my rings have shipped!!

Considering the 300 dips (HAHAHA), that's a damn good time.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
I'm finally sore....really sore!!!! Yesterday's WOD has me hurting in my lats, upper back, shoulders, triceps, abs, and a whole bunch in the chest. Now, despite the fact that the 3:1 ratio screws up any hope of a competitive time, this is my favorite WOD until something comes along that gets me more sore!! It's great to have the sore feeling once again!!!

Anthony - you have no idea how jealous i am that your rings are in the mail!!!! Tyler tells me 2-3 more weeks until i have a shot at them shipping (order #4023, or something). I imagine your anxiety level is high, as this will give the workouts an entirely new, and more effective, dimension!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Friday 060505

Five rounds of:
5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang cleans
5 Dumbbell push presses
5 Dumbbell squats

Increase the load each round. Rest as nessesary between rounds.

subs -none
rd.1 - 25 lbs
rd.2 - 35 lbs
rd.3 - 45 lbs
rd.4 - 55 lbs.
rd.5 - 60 lbs.

i actually did this workout yesterday, but couldn't post because i had a wedding rehearsal dinner to get to (no, not my wedding!!!).

This looked much easier on paper, but was actually very tough! This was a tough one on the grip!! All sets were unbroken, except for the 4th. I broke on one of the cleans due to the dumbbell flying over my shoulder and behind me. The dumbbelss i was using were very awkward compared to the rubber coated hex head DB's in the video. I was using old ivankos with large plates and they were quite loose. makes for a very awkward rack position!! Also did the full CFWU for 3 rounds prior to completing this.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Saturday 060506
Five rounds for time of:
30 Double-unders
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents, 15 ft rope

subs - towel pull-ups (45 per round) for rope climb
time - 1 hour, 8 minutes, 42 seconds (only 3 rounds)

well, this didn't exactly go as planned. i had a very busy day and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to this. I did it on my patio while watching my 1 year old nephew, so there were big gaps of time where i was watching him. if i'd have done 5 rounds, i would be there til tuesday. towel pull-ups are FAR more difficult than rope climb, but there is no rope on my patio. the double unders and wall ball shots were completed each round in about 3 and a half minutes with the towel pull-ups taking about 12 minutes per round, so you can see where i lost time!!! Oh well, 135 towel pull-ups is still a very good workout. i HATE not doing a workout exactly as prescribed, but sometimes things come up and there is not enough time for all the rounds. with a rope, i would have easily had all 5 rounds competed in the time i had available, but adaptation is a skill that crossfit helps develop.
looking forward to a ME deadlift day...it's been a long time since i've done that!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
Jacob Tsypkin

Profile:
Jeremy - I know what you mean about hating not being able to do a workout as posted, but it happens. I've found the best thing to do is not to let yourself stress over it...I always feel really guilty when I miss a workout or do less than I wanted to, but I suppose we sort of just have to get over it.

Killer work man, I wish I could keep up with you and Anthony!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #9
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Sunday 060507
Deadlift 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 reps

CFWU x 2
135 x 10
225 x 3
250 x 2
275 x 2
300 x 2
325 x 1
350 x 1
375 x 1
400 x 1
410 x 1
**all weights in pounds.

Since i hadn't DLed anywhere near ME in years, i really had no idea where i'd be with this workout. I started light and just made nice even jumps until it felt difficult, hence the 25 lb jumps up until the end. Well, it got hard at 400 lbs!! It felt heavy and my partners said that my form got a little ugly as well, which i could feel as i was rising. i lifted my hip too high, too early which caused me to use a lot of lower back. It was a slow, ugly rep. After that i wasn't sure what to load for my final single. I decided on a small jump with much more focus. 410 was very smooth. i had a much better starting position and a much better pull. it was heavy, but quick and smooth. After getting that rep with much better form, i feel like i could have gone a little higher (maybe 440 or 450), but that gets me excited for next time!!

Jacob - Yeah, i've kind of gotten over it, but it still sucks. I realize that it happens from time to time and dwelling on it will just hurt the next workouts. I do appreciate the input and knowing that others feel the same way when stuff like that happens!!
Thanks for the kind words!! You do some great work, as well, and i really enjoy reading your journal every day! Keep it up!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
410 with no ME work in years? Nice! Try not to work too hard until I recover, eh? :uhoh: