CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Jack Paul Brookes

Profile:
New to crossfit, no box near, some advice?

I have looked into it but i live in the UK where it is just started to grow slowly not enough so that I can actually visit a box, I am currently working out from home, I already know how to Olympic lift and do gymnastics from my sports background over the years.

Apart from the crossfit site is there further information I can find to be able to structure a session, I can go onto various affiliates sites and get WODs but I need some idea of how to structure the before and after of the WOD.

Some sites show practising some of the movements, practising a skill, some kind of lift or interval before doing the WOD, is there any information on line I can use to structure my own training or can anyone provide general things to do and not to do before and after.

I work as a freelance design engineer at home so I could workout a few times a day, not saying I do but I do see some video interviews of athletes who do 2-4 sessions per day they usually are small sessions but I could do that if it progresses me as an athlete.

any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:
Re: New to crossfit, no box near, some advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Paul Brookes View Post
I have looked into it but i live in the UK where it is just started to grow slowly not enough so that I can actually visit a box, I am currently working out from home, I already know how to Olympic lift and do gymnastics from my sports background over the years.

Apart from the crossfit site is there further information I can find to be able to structure a session, I can go onto various affiliates sites and get WODs but I need some idea of how to structure the before and after of the WOD.

Some sites show practising some of the movements, practising a skill, some kind of lift or interval before doing the WOD, is there any information on line I can use to structure my own training or can anyone provide general things to do and not to do before and after.

I work as a freelance design engineer at home so I could workout a few times a day, not saying I do but I do see some video interviews of athletes who do 2-4 sessions per day they usually are small sessions but I could do that if it progresses me as an athlete.

any help would be much appreciated.
How old are you? Where's your fitness at right now?