CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #4821
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

22 September 2009

Berts Weekly Challenge

Buy in 10 Skin the cats

8 rounds for time:
6 DB Thrusters 20kg
6 Burpee Power Snatches 40k - 15.30

Buy out 10 skin the cats.

My time is just the 8 rounds , not the skin cats, DB thrusters are a massive goat of mine and were broken after the first round and the snatches were done with an EZ bar which was impossible to snatch properly without hitting my elbows on the plates. Very slow tme and a big humbling from Bert.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 09-23-2009, 02:41 AM   #4822
Matthew Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
It was horrible to watch it for me, my big goofy face on the screen ,, cannot believe I started talking about bloody almond cakes , my head must still of been messy from the last workout!

Mmmmmmmmm...... Almond cake. Looks like i'm making one this weekend, see if I can beat your 16 C&J then get to some manly baking with my apron on

Got some serious problems to address before going in for the qualifiers next year, strength was the main one, but i'm adressing that. Muscle ups and HSPU's and Snatches are my next concern. Continually working on getting my muscle up at the weekends (been working jumping muscle ups, but going to try for a full one on saturday) but never seem to get round to practicing HSPU's enough to develop them
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #4823
Bert Brams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post
Mmmmmmmmm...... Almond cake. Looks like i'm making one this weekend, see if I can beat your 16 C&J then get to some manly baking with my apron on

Got some serious problems to address before going in for the qualifiers next year, strength was the main one, but i'm adressing that. Muscle ups and HSPU's and Snatches are my next concern. Continually working on getting my muscle up at the weekends (been working jumping muscle ups, but going to try for a full one on saturday) but never seem to get round to practicing HSPU's enough to develop them
Are you partaking in the European qualifiers Matthew?

The key to HSPU's is doing them often ... like every workout for a few reps.
100m sprint: 10:97 - BW:165 My now or never log
Old 09-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #4824
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Nice job on completing this challenge Scott, it was a hard one. That bar sounds like it was a huge pain in the *** too. The skin the cats weren't supposed to be part of the time according to Bert.

You were even talking about sausages on the interview!!! Sausage maniac. What kind of sausages are these exactly? We call them by different names I think. Here we have breakfast sausages (which are small the size of a finger) and we have italian sausages (which are much larger like bratwurst). I'm curious if you guys call American "hot dogs" sausages. If you can eat 16 bratwurst size sausages in one sitting, even I will be impressed!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 AM   #4825
Matthew Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Brams View Post
Are you partaking in the European qualifiers Matthew?

The key to HSPU's is doing them often ... like every workout for a few reps.

Hopefully, I'm not going to be able to keep up with most guys (unless they tailor the workouts to me lol) but will be fun to get into the spirit of competition again, what's the point of training if you have nothing to compete in?

You're right Bert, that's how I got my double unders in about a week. Will start doing -ves every other day as part of my warm up!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 AM   #4826
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Definately find out how to sign up today, sure its on the website somewhere, the only reason I probably never did before is I am not a big reader and tend to have trouble taking in detailed instruction, but if its helped you that much I will join to. Be great to have Davie in on the challenge, more the merrier.

I spoke to him afterwards and said that if he actually used a jerk and a bigger hip movement he would of killed that workout, he has some incredible pushing strength. Strange that I only matched him on that workout by using better technique when thats what usually lets me down.
Yeah it really helps, a lot of it is video too Man, I don't know why the hell he'd want to press if he can jerk and that was in competition ? Imagine knowing you can kill a workout but decide to press rather than jerk and end up not killing it so much.. Seems a bit Irish to me
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #4827
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post

That C&J workout gets on top when you start rushing at the end, I missed my last rep by rushing it!!

We all have our weaknesses and goats, if them damn DB thrusters come up at the qualifier I am officially going to be there for fun, they have done a nasty job on my hip flexors today where I cannot get the form correct, upright body and wide legs holding my breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Nice job on completing this challenge Scott, it was a hard one. That bar sounds like it was a huge pain in the *** too. The skin the cats weren't supposed to be part of the time according to Bert.

You were even talking about sausages on the interview!!! Sausage maniac. What kind of sausages are these exactly? We call them by different names I think. Here we have breakfast sausages (which are small the size of a finger) and we have italian sausages (which are much larger like bratwurst). I'm curious if you guys call American "hot dogs" sausages. If you can eat 16 bratwurst size sausages in one sitting, even I will be impressed!
Thanks Jesse, that challenge was by far the hardest one for me so far, goat city for me. I forgot about the sausages in the interview, I am obsessed with food, although at the time I had not eaten properly all day. My sausages are bigger than the breakfast ones, probably about double with thickness and an inch longer, there nothing like hot dogs either, I hate them, like plastic, mine are real ground pork and spices added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Yeah it really helps, a lot of it is video too Man, I don't know why the hell he'd want to press if he can jerk and that was in competition ? Imagine knowing you can kill a workout but decide to press rather than jerk and end up not killing it so much.. Seems a bit Irish to me
No he did not mean to press them, he just has put less time into getting the technique right than he should, and thats the only way he knew to get the bar up, the touch n go's impressed me also, not even dumping the bar. I have my C&J video also, going to try and get it up for some tearing apart by yours truly, much appreciated tearing apart of course.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #4828
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Definately find out how to sign up today, sure its on the website somewhere, the only reason I probably never did before is I am not a big reader and tend to have trouble taking in detailed instruction, but if its helped you that much I will join to. Be great to have Davie in on the challenge, more the merrier.

It was horrible to watch it for me, my big goofy face on the screen ,, cannot believe I started talking about bloody almond cakes , my head must still of been messy from the last workout!

I spoke to him afterwards and said that if he actually used a jerk and a bigger hip movement he would of killed that workout, he has some incredible pushing strength. Strange that I only matched him on that workout by using better technique when thats what usually lets me down.
Quote:
That C&J workout gets on top when you start rushing at the end, I missed my last rep by rushing it!!

We all have our weaknesses and goats, if them damn DB thrusters come up at the qualifier I am officially going to be there for fun, they have done a nasty job on my hip flexors today where I cannot get the form correct, upright body and wide legs holding my breath!

Thanks Jesse, that challenge was by far the hardest one for me so far, goat city for me. I forgot about the sausages in the interview, I am obsessed with food, although at the time I had not eaten properly all day. My sausages are bigger than the breakfast ones, probably about double with thickness and an inch longer, there nothing like hot dogs either, I hate them, like plastic, mine are real ground pork and spices added.

No he did not mean to press them, he just has put less time into getting the technique right than he should, and thats the only way he knew to get the bar up, the touch n go's impressed me also, not even dumping the bar. I have my C&J video also, going to try and get it up for some tearing apart by yours truly, much appreciated tearing apart of course.
We'll help with that no problem at all, I think that touch and go is the only way to do it for something like that. For me it was 10 unbroken than chunks up to 30, when do you think you'll be heading up ours?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #4829
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
We'll help with that no problem at all, I think that touch and go is the only way to do it for something like that. For me it was 10 unbroken than chunks up to 30, when do you think you'll be heading up ours?
It was way too heavy for me to hit touch n go, maybe could of got some at 70k but 75 just a bit too much.

Definately have to sort out a solid date for coming up, I will have a word with Richard and see if he can make it at the same time, personally I have no ground in stone plans over the next month or two so could come anytime.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #4830
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Hey Scott, how many C&J did you get at the comp? How was it? Or have you already went over it and I missed it?