CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Brandon Michael Enos

Profile:
Okay, so last night I found out that some people are going to be opening a boxing school in my town around the beggining of next year. Supposedly it's going to be part of some chain of Liddell Boxing schools that teach you Liddell's style of boxing. From what I understand, Liddel owns the chain, but like all chains, each individual gym is owned/ran by different people.

Anybody ever hear of this chain/franchise? Know anything about it?

Part of me says scam, but the other part of me says that a highly respected MMA fighter like Liddell wouldn't lend his name to something that didn't meet some sort of standards.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
Brandon,

Chuck is part of The Pit in Arroyo Grande and is the Head instructor at Slo Kickboxing in San Luis Obispo. They have several other affiliates and it looks like from the affiliates page they have a new one coming, The Pit-South, looks like it's in Malibu.

W/F/S Link...

http://www.thepit.tv/

Old 04-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
Brandon Michael Enos

Profile:

I really need to move. How is it that they have five schools in CA, and the only one closer than 4 hours away is about 3 hours and 50 minutes...

On the plus side, the closest Crossfit Affiliate is only 45 minutes, but I havent been there yet.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
You live in Brentwood?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Brandon Michael Enos

Profile:
Yeah.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #6
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
I was thinking of a different place. I am sure there is something up there for you. Check your CF affiliate, I am sure it will be a 45 minute drive that you will be very happy to have made.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Brandon Michael Enos

Profile:
Brentwood, Los Angeles? Yeah, everyone makes that mistake.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
Nathanial Neal

Profile:
Brandon Diablo Valley is in Walnut Creek. I know of one guy that goes there from Brentwood think he just started. That being said the guys that run it are very knowledgeable and cool. Craig has helped me a few times on the board finding places to get equipment around our area.

As for a good MMA academy try Cesar Gracies academy in antioch. His schools have put out some top talent and that academy is brand new and very large. His team is very good and most people that train with him are very friendly and helpful, as long as you do not spaz out on them during practice.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Brandon Michael Enos

Profile:
Yeah, Diablo is the one I was thinking about. However, between school and work, I have lots of time constraints right now, so I think I'll just stay at Crossfit Brentwood (aka my backyard) for right now. Though Ill probably contact Diablo when school lets out.

As far as MMA, I've been training at Nor Cal Kenpo Karate for about two years now. When summer hits I was going to also look into BJJ. I heard good things about the Antioch school and know a couple people who have trained there. A few months ago a new place opened up in Brentwood, I can't remember who runs it, but from what I understand he is from Brazil and has trained with the Gracies. I know a couple people training there and they seem to like it. So basically I just need to figure out which school to give my money too.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Alan Pagle

Profile:
While I am sure you will learn how to box at the Liddell gym, the last thing you what to learn is someone else's style of "boxing" (or wrestling or bjj). Just find a place where you feel comfortable and where you can learn the fundamentals without getting your chin checked everyday. The "style" you learn will be your own.