CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 04-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #21
Stephen Yosypiw

Profile:
Re: My lower back is weak (deadlifts)

Try to find Rippetoe's deadlift setup video on youtube, shouldn't be too hard to find. I would post the link but my youtube suddenly stopped working.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #22
Anthony Giurato

Profile:
Re: My lower back is weak (deadlifts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Ditch the running shoes and deadlift in barefeet or shoes with flat soles like chucks or VFFs. The running shoes have a squishy sole and provide an unstable base, lengthens how far the bar has to travel, and causes you to lose some power.
Per earlier recommendations in my power clean thread, I have. I don't have VFF's yet, so I warm up by jogging my dog around the block in my running shoes. I remembered later in my workout to take off the shoes, but that was after taping myself doing deads.