CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #731
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: Jason's Workout Log

Ya that's definitely smartest. I've never injured anything before so I can't really relate. But with Mikko and Briggs both being out with knee injuries now it really helps put it in perspective that there's always next year, no use ruining yourself.

Ya you were making really good progress. You've inspired me and I'm trying to touch base with some local guys and not necessarily get a coach but have someone help me understand good programming and put together work for myself. Outlaw is great in terms of programming but I do miss being in control a little bit and Rudy does program for weaknesses he sees generally in athletes, getting a specific coach who can touch base with me once in a while would be much better even if the programming we came up with wasn't as Einstein on paper. Plus I miss doing workouts with people at the affiliate. As a coach there I feel I should be participating in the box more instead of chasing phantom times posted on Rudy's blog. But first I'll finish the Open.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #732
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Yeah dude, take it easy until you get it checked out. I also think that you should do as much as you can in the mean-time though - you know will come back strong!

Good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #733
Robert Foley

Profile:

You've gotta be proud of your progress, Jason! This will be a minor set-back. Don't get too frustrated. Focus on healing and carefully training around that shoulder. Think of it as a great opportunity to focus on lower extremity strength or something like that.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #734
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Thanks guys. I am very happy with the progress I made and considering how I feel this week as opposed to last I know I will be fine. The physic figured that even if I did tear something it will be slight at best. I should be healed in about three weeks and back to full strength between 3-6 months. Not the end of the world at all. Still scheduled for an ultrasound on March 28th. Honestly I felt almost good enough that I thought about doing this weeks WOD, but I thought better of it. Lots of ice and mobility this weekend and a couple of walks. Taking it easy for the next two weeks and then will start back with training. It'll be nice to get rested up. Did some easy shovelling today as well, but very mindful to not hurt myself more.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #735
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Hey man. Hope all is going well with the shoulder! Too bad you have to wait for scan until the 28th.....

Try to stay active! See you back on here soon!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #736
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Hey thanks Milt. I have been staying active. I have lots of icing and mobility to do as weel as some strengthening exercises. Not really exciting but need to be done. It was so nice out I went for a bit of a run yesterday as well. Ran about 15 minutes, didn't push it but it felt nice to get moving. Mostly easy breathing, don't run too much so I didn't get carried away.

My ultrasound has been moved up to next Tuesday so I am happy about that. Shoulder is feeling so much better but still not quite "right" so I will be easing back into work with it. Hopefully start back up with some form of "training" towards the end of March.

I did a bit of "leaderboarding" last night to see where I likely would be right now after 12.3. I think a good guess is about 80 points awat from Regionals. Still some work to do if that is a goal for 2013 but it's in sight !
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #737
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Good to hear!

Hope to see you back soon!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #738
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Well it was too nice not to do something today.

I did some CFWU stuff, no pull ups or dips, but I did do supine ring rows.

GHD sit ups, back ext, air squats x45 3X10 supine ring pull ups

Did some DB rows, some lateral raises to the front and sides both arms with 10 lbs

Did some chin up hanging with the blue band

Spent quite a bit of time mobilizing the shoulder before and after. I also did some skipping too !

I iced it a couple times already today and will be doing more this weekend. I am hoping that towards the end of next week I can start back into a little bit of training. We'll see how I'm doing. I don't want to rush back and hurt it again (and worse)
Old 03-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #739
Robert Foley

Profile:

Probably best to east back into it. Still, looks like you were intelligently training around your injury. Looks good!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #740
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Yep, I am easing back into things. It has been such a nice "winter". We only had a couple weeks of the really cold weather but other than that it has been extremely bearable. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be +20C, which is crazy for us at this time of year. It can sometime be -20C so this is very welcome.

Went for about a 15-20 min run to warm up, nothing too flashy about 80%, felt good to get moving.

Did the following at 3X10
air squat
GHD sit up
supine ring pull up
back ext
shoulder press with 35 lb bar

Worked through this as well
A1. supinated bent over rows 95 lbs
A2. 24" box jumps, jump up, step down; rest 2 min X 3

Worked on a lot of shoulder mobility, endurance, strength stuff as well. Like easy day tomorrow, maybe do yoga and then for my ultrasound on Tuesday, find out where I am at and then I think I will try to get back training again the following week.

I was checking out some of the standings and watched Michael Fitzgerald's video. He started with an UB Karen in about 4:00 flat, just crazy !