CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #7291
Nik Nichols

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
I also do the one deep breath in the standing position when they start getting tough. That or adjust my glasses as an excuse to slow down a bit lol. I'm gonna shoot for 25 without using the one deep breath at the top technique. And I'm also gonna take my glasses off before starting the burpees so I won't be able to use them as an excuse lol.
I will see your 25reps and raise you 5reps. So that is 30 reps to you and Scott.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #7292
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I will see your 25reps and raise you 5reps. So that is 30 reps to you and Scott.
Deal lol! I can already feel the lungs screaming for mercy lol
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #7293
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Alright geeza

You're fast like lightening over the mile aren't you, jeez!!

Still get the ME before the WoDs and the MR afterwards if you feel the need, as an example 1 all out set on the PP from the other day. I'd liek to see you run 200m 15 swings instead of the 1s and also rest 1 minute between rounds or enough so that you're almost recovered. Other than that mate things are looking good.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #7294
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Deal lol! I can already feel the lungs screaming for mercy lol
i will let my legs do the bidding later, its going to be hard guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Alright geeza

You're fast like lightening over the mile aren't you, jeez!!

Still get the ME before the WoDs and the MR afterwards if you feel the need, as an example 1 all out set on the PP from the other day. I'd liek to see you run 200m 15 swings instead of the 1s and also rest 1 minute between rounds or enough so that you're almost recovered. Other than that mate things are looking good.
Enjoying the running right now thanks, seem to have got quicker for unknown reasons. The 200m with 1 minute between rounds sounds perfect, I felt the runs were a little short to really get me winded, still a good workout but next time I will definately go for your format, get a time on the first round and stay as close or better.

Im going to hit todays main page as its got pain and goats written all over it for me and depending on time will try and hit an MR set afterwards (I know it only takes 1 minute but sometimes groups of 4 stand around the bars for a long time).
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 04-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #7295
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
i will let my legs do the bidding later, its going to be hard guys.

Enjoying the running right now thanks, seem to have got quicker for unknown reasons. The 200m with 1 minute between rounds sounds perfect, I felt the runs were a little short to really get me winded, still a good workout but next time I will definately go for your format, get a time on the first round and stay as close or better.

Im going to hit todays main page as its got pain and goats written all over it for me and depending on time will try and hit an MR set afterwards (I know it only takes 1 minute but sometimes groups of 4 stand around the bars for a long time).
Have a pop at this mate, change the burpees to 24 in box jumps. Rest, then do a max rep set of burpees.

4 people hanging around the bar??!! NIGHTMARE!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #7296
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Have a pop at this mate, change the burpees to 24 in box jumps. Rest, then do a max rep set of burpees.

4 people hanging around the bar??!! NIGHTMARE!
You have to be very patient at times, we have two oly bars and one lives on the bench press which is always in use, the other you usually need to wait 5 minutes , unfortunately it means if you vacate it to run its gone when you get back.

To clarify a max rep set of burpee's means continuous movement, not the quick breath at the top me and Nik was talking about today.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #7297
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
You have to be very patient at times, we have two oly bars and one lives on the bench press which is always in use, the other you usually need to wait 5 minutes , unfortunately it means if you vacate it to run its gone when you get back.

To clarify a max rep set of burpee's means continuous movement, not the quick breath at the top me and Nik was talking about today.
No quick breath at the top, an all out effort of honest burpees. Competition standard
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #7298
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
No quick breath at the top, an all out effort of honest burpees. Competition standard
thanks Leon, got it.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #7299
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

7 April 2010

HSPU's - 11-8-6-5-4

Was supposed to be a Pyramid but steps down were so steep the egyptians fell off.

For time:
Row 500m
150 Double Unders
50 Burpees - 9.41

Was going to do 24" box jumps but there was not two spare benches to put on each other, 18" would of been too low so went with burpees.

Bit of a gym disaster today, had to go upstairs were I had room to row and double under and found out at rep 10 of the DU's the ceiling was quite low, pieces of white chipboard were flying all over the place , actually looked like it was snowing.

Max burpees - 21 -- Dont know why I stopped was actually thinking get 30 when I just paused.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #7300
Jordan Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
7 April 2010

HSPU's - 11-8-6-5-4

Was supposed to be a Pyramid but steps down were so steep the egyptians fell off.

For time:
Row 500m
150 Double Unders
50 Burpees - 9.41

Was going to do 24" box jumps but there was not two spare benches to put on each other, 18" would of been too low so went with burpees.

Bit of a gym disaster today, had to go upstairs were I had room to row and double under and found out at rep 10 of the DU's the ceiling was quite low, pieces of white chipboard were flying all over the place , actually looked like it was snowing.

Max burpees - 21 -- Dont know why I stopped was actually thinking get 30 when I just paused.
Sounds like a bit of a mare today mate!

Anyway, forget it and move on, the best of us have them. Head up and focus on the regionals!

P.S Back to training tomorrow!