CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Sean Manseau

Profile:
CrossFitters in Western MA

i'm thinking hard about opening an affiliate in northampton or amherst. but first i wanted to see if anyone else had similar plans--i don't want to step on anyone's toes. also, am i crazy to think a relatively small area like the Pioneer Valley--with its surfeit of undergrad and graduates students, plus the relative wealth the five colleges bring into the community--might be a place where a CrossFit gym could thrive?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
Tom Taylor

Profile:
Re: CrossFitters in Western MA

Sean,

I think it's a great market for a CF facility. My wife and I have friends up there and we visit regularly. We recently introduced them to CF and they loved it. I have also been contacted by about eight people from that area (more in the Amherst/South Hadley area vs. Northampton) since we affiliated about 9 months ago. Good Luck I think it's a cool, active, friendly market and would do really well.

Keep us posted

P.M. coming your way

Tom
http://www.crossfitcentralct.blogspot.com/
Old 09-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Ryan Schuler

Profile:

Sean

I can personally tell you that I workout with about 8 people that i know of that are itching for a crossfit friendly gym. Currently we are in the Free gym at UMASS, and besides being crowded it is missing essential equipment i.e. pullup bars, kettle bells, jump ropes, and so on. I'm sure that if you were to open an affiliate we would be there. It would be great to have a real gym open up out here, in contrast to all the global gym wanna be's out here (AKA the coming of the new planet fitness.)

Ryan
Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Sean Manseau

Profile:

man, that's heartening, ryan! i'm coming up to amherst tomorrow. if you're going to be around and feel like meeting up for coffee, give me a ring at 646 593 3090.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
Eric R. Kirschling

Profile:

Sean,

That would be a great idea...in fact I've been thinking of it myself as well. Though I don't have any sort of serious plan to open one up, I think a facility in this area would be fantastic and well received.

I work in Amherst but go to the planet fitness in Chicopee. I've tossed around the idea of using the UMass gym (as I'm in the process of becoming an employee) but figured that it would be way too busy at any point during the day.

The coming planet fitness in Hadley will certainly be nice...though I could write a list of complaints I have regarding doing crossfit at globogyms. It would be nice to meet some fellow crossfitters as well...I can't begin to describe the looks and such that I've gotten at planet fitness.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Matthew J Tortoriello

Profile:

Hi, I think a crossfit in Amherst would be terrific. I know a bunch of people that would love something like that. I live in Granby, MA on the border of Amherst. If you need a manager or such I would love to help out. Please let me know if I could be of help. 413-218-0311