CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 11-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
Ron Nelson

Profile:
I just got the new CFJ and was wondering if any of the afiliates in So. Cal (like Brand X or Mike's Gym) are interested in putting together a Crossfit Challenge ala Crossfit North's last month. The pictures looked great and the events would probably make me crumble, but after 4 months or so of doing this stuff it looks like fun.
I'm sure others out here in the Southland would be extremely interested in participating. Just sorry I don't have the means (or the smarts) to put it together myself. I guess I could try and help those who may put one on.
Who's interested?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Rick Worthington

Profile:

Count me in Ron. I'm positive I could muster 20 or so high school kids to throw down for the challenge and at least 4 other guys who do the WOD with us daily. Maybe we could get Mike B to put it on. Only trouble is we are way busy on Saturday's during the winter. If not soon, then let's make this happen in the Spring for sure!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
Ron Nelson

Profile:
I was hoping you guys would step up on this one!!! Not sure I want to see a bunch of high schoolers wipe me out, but what the hey!!!
Of course, my other fear is what kind of tortures Mike B. will come up with for the competition!!!
Can't wait till spring!!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
Rick Worthington

Profile:

Don't worry - I'll try to tire the boys out the day before. I'm scared of what Mike would come up with. Hope we can scare up some more interest from the other San Diego /OC / LA area guys and make a good day or two of it. I'd be willing to put something together or work with you or Mike to make this happen. I'm bummed I can't make his classes in Dec and Jan.

If you're ever in our area (Vista/Oceanside), let me know so you can come by and rejoice in suffering with us.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Without a doubt!!
I used to get down there twice a year with the eldest daughter for her basketball tourneys. As a matter of fact, she should have been there in August in the Vista/O-side area (she's played at Rancho B. Vista, Carlsbad HS and Mt. Palomar college that I remember), but the team flaked out at the last minute!
We'll keep this going and closer to spring start recruiting some willing souls!!
If you keep Mike busy, maybe he'll be too distracted to come up with really outrageous events!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:16 PM   #6
Rick Worthington

Profile:

Ron - I was out at Mike's house today getting tortured and he sounded like he was down for the competition. I've spoken with our AD and he was ok with it taking place at the HS - we have an all weather track, heaps of weights, ropes, and so on. Mike and I had a few other ideas. He said he would talk to you in Colorado next weekend - I'm jealous I'll be missing it - I'm still too poor to take the course.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
Mark Schlueter

Profile:  
Rick and Ron,

I have a corporate Crossfit program going on at my company in Whittier Ca. We certainly are not super studs but I bet I could get 4-5 guys and gals to compete in a fun challenge. Keep me in the loop. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:05 PM   #8
Jeff Martin

Profile:
We have been throwing this idea around for awhile. So Brand X is in. About ten of us went down and ran the Bootcamp challenge at MCRD. We were very disappointed at the obstacle course. I'm sure we could come up with something better.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
Rick Worthington

Profile:

Mark and Jeff...We'll pick this project up in the spring when wrestling season is over - unless one of you guys want to take point on it-we just can't do much from now until mid-March. I'll keep working some ideas and you guys do the same. Should be a great a time and a chance for the SoCal gang to showcase their stuff. I'm excited to meet with you guys and work on this.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:40 PM   #10
Mike Burgener

Profile:
look out guys...i am looking at a traveling competition...meaning events at various places throughout the area.....i.e. mikesgym where the 400 lb wheelbarrell up a 90 mtr drive way rules!!!! hahahahahahahahaha:lol: