CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #121
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Whole Grain? Is it healthier than not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Sligh View Post
As for short term, referring to the track and field workouts I do, it is not capable of supporting the amount of stress I put on my body on a daily basis. Nine times out of ten I am going to cramp up at practice, not feel good, throw up, etc if it is a hard workout. Maybe its capable of supporting some kind of other athletic performance but not what I do. There is going to be some uneasiness involved.
*shrug* You know your own body better than I do, obviously. But I can guarantee that there are successful track and field athletes out there who eat junk.

Katherine
Old 07-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #122
Brandon Sligh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
*shrug* You know your own body better than I do, obviously. But I can guarantee that there are successful track and field athletes out there who eat junk.

Katherine
Most of the pros are required to stick to a strict diet. However under that level yes people do eat junk and some are successful but I am just saying not before a workout.

It does 100% depend on the person though and some people can get away with it so I am not trying to say your completely wrong. Did not mean for it to come out like that.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #123
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/08/...ry-it-at-home/ (wfs)

Quote:
Here’s Phelps’s typical menu. (No, he doesn’t choose among these options. He eats them all, according to the Post.)

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Or how about this one: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_...-and-willpower (wfs)

Quote:
A fit and trim 36-year-old marathon runner will have consumed 30 days' worth of fast-food—from breakfast through dinner—by the time the starter gun sounds at Sunday's Los Angeles Marathon. Whether it's his intention or not, Joe D'Amico is effectively countering food scolds' incessant claims that fast-food is to blame for America's obesity epidemic by fueling himself with plenty of it.

Last edited by Rebecca Roth : 07-23-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #124
Zach S

Profile:

I remember watching a show that featured a pro basketball player who ate a diet almost entirely of candy.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #125
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Schul View Post
I remember watching a show that featured a pro basketball player who ate a diet almost entirely of candy.
Lamar Odom. I saw some of the show, some guy who works for him gooes to a store and loads up an entire grocery cart's worth of candy....unbelievable.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #126
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Lamar Odom. I saw some of the show, some guy who works for him gooes to a store and loads up an entire grocery cart's worth of candy....unbelievable.
Derrick Rose eats a ton of candy and drinks a ton of Mountain Dew too. Then again these guys train a whole heck of a lot more than us normal folks.