CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
Aitor Astobieta

Profile:  
Wow, what a day! My university finally opened the doors of its gymnasium to students who are not part of the gymnastics team, and I was allowed to be taught personally by the coach of the team, yuhuuu! It was an exhilirating experience. For today we most worked on stretches, handstands, and cartwheels and what a workout it was! Try doing handstand after handstand and your upper back will yell at you! He also suggested that I do the hollow and rock back and forth, and my lower abs were certainly feeling some shock. I am all pumped up for this summer. Gymnastics is truly amazing. Take care guys.

Yours truly,
Aitor Astobieta
Old 05-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #2
Tyler Hass

Profile:
Aitor,
Congrats. It sounds like you have a great opportunity. I'm lucky in that my school has a gymnastics club, so I get to go workout with them a few times a week. Great stuff!
There is also a class at the school, which has most of the apparatus and wrestling mats for the floor. It's not ideal, but it's still another good practice session. On top of that, I do tons of handstands in my apartment and a lot of ring training at the park with my Power Rings hanging over the swing set.
This summer should be pretty good. I am going to be down at CF HQ in Santa Cruz and doing as much gymnastics as I can on the side.

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com
Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #3
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
Hey, Tyler, what school is that?

> my school has a gymnastics club, so I get to go workout with them a few times a week.
>There is also a class at the school, which has most of the apparatus and wrestling mats for the floor.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:34 AM   #4
Tyler Hass

Profile:
Carrie,
It is Washington State University. The gym we train at is in Moscow, ID. And the club is a joint effort btwn WSU and University of Idaho. Amazingly, we had three elite guys this semester! They were amazing to watch and train with.