CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
Sam Ser

Profile:
Re: CF Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Dirnfeld View Post
I have my own "box" underneath my apartment: 2 sets of gymnastics rings, tractor tire + 5kg sledge, 2 x 15 kg kettlebell, and a newly purchased weight set with 100 kg of weights and an Oly bar (crappy and made in China, but still more than I had before).
nice!

where'd you get the tire? and how much does it weigh?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #22
Tommer Vardi

Profile:

hey guys

wow i didn't realise this thread was still active.
i've been in australia for a while but will be back on the 22nd of october (soon!)
i live in kohav yair (next to kefar saba) and generally train at my house or at the local gym. I have a climbing rope that's about 5-6 meters high, rings, tire, sandbags and more stuff coming (hoping for some barbell action soon). I'm in tel aviv all the time seeing as my bro and sis live there so i'm always up for training around that area and beyond.

also, i'm gonna build a sick scaffolding set up for pull ups / gymnastics stuff in my back yard when I get home so i'll keep you guys posted on that.

stay funky guys and i'll see you all soon hopefully.

Tommer
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #23
Tommer Vardi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ser View Post
nice!

where'd you get the tire? and how much does it weigh?
Sam, any tire yard will be more than happy to give you their tires for free as they have to get pay to get rid of the old ones. They'll be happy for you to come in and flip some, even if they probably won't understand why you're doing it.

I got mine in Tira, btw - 80Kg is my approximation. not too heavy for flipping but i like it.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #24
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommer Vardi View Post
Sam, any tire yard will be more than happy to give you their tires for free as they have to get pay to get rid of the old ones. They'll be happy for you to come in and flip some, even if they probably won't understand why you're doing it.

I got mine in Tira, btw - 80Kg is my approximation. not too heavy for flipping but i like it.
thanks, i was thinking of going down to the industrial zone and poking around tire yards. just thought they'd be totally small car-type stuff. worth a look, though, definitely.

...once, on reserve duty, i got a lot of strange looks for flipping an old humvee tire around a dirt lot a few times a week.

that was great fun!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #25
Sam Ser

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommer Vardi View Post
also, i'm gonna build a sick scaffolding set up for pull ups / gymnastics stuff in my back yard when I get home so i'll keep you guys posted on that.
Tommer
if you get that pull-up bar set-up sorted with all local materials, do let us know. i love seeing how those guys in the states rig things up, but the hardware stores here (and their prices!) are not on the same level.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #26
Sam Ser

Profile:

tommer and ian:

do you have floor mats, and did you get them here? i have some of the foam rubber jigsaw puzzle mats available at sporting goods stores here, but i can't find a supplier of 3/4" or even 1/2" solid rubber mats -- certainly not for a reasonable price.

do you have this problem, too? have you found a worthwhile supplier? or did you import?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #27
Ayala Bak

Profile:

Hello there!
I am an avid crossfit athlete.
I will be in israel during December and am looking for a place to work out.
Any recommendations?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:40 AM   #28
Tommer Vardi

Profile:

Ayala, i think it depends where you'll be. From my (incredibly limited) expirience with gyms here they aren't that supportive so unless you are doing more standard strength workouts my suggestion will be to thug it out and take it to the streets... Do you know where you'll be exactly?

Oh and sorry sam, I don't have any floor matting.

Tommer out!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #29
Tommer Vardi

Profile:

Oh and if anyone is game for a workout / training sesh I'll be happy to join. Around tel aviv, kefar saba, kohav yair etc.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #30
Boris Belkin

Profile:

Hi All,
I live in Ashdod (35 km/20 mi southern to Tel Aviv).Currently training in "Sweat Star" Ashdod. Big facility, more than enough weights, 2 Concept2 rowers, nobody trying to interrupt to my workouts .Better than that only CF box.
Have an experience in powerlifting about 5 years, in CF more than a year, also training with a weightlifting coach, mixing my WODs with a kettlebells.

Please feel free to contact me for any info, also will be glad to join some indoor/outdoor workouts in an area...
borisb28@hotmail.com