CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 AM   #21
Kristin Johnson

Profile:
Re: Tokyo CrossFitters?

Yes indeed, I am totally around then. I arrive in Japan on the 5th. E-mail me and I will let my brother know when/where I need to be.

kitnd at hotmail dot com.

Thanks!!

KRistin
Old 05-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #22
Noah Carretero

Profile:
Re: Tokyo Crossfitters?

Hi everyone! I'm still some what new to crossfit. I used to work with a crossfit trainer back San Rafael, CA, but I moved out to Japan in January. Since then my fitness has gone way down hill. I'm 5'6, and I was 155lbs the day I landed at Narita. I lost almost 25 lbs since I've been living in Japan; a combination of a lack of exercise and a lack of food. But I am doing better now; back around 138lbs, but still out of shape.

I just recently moved Takanawa in Minato-ku, actually its around the same neighborhood as Richard. Now that I'm a little more settled in, I want to get back in to it. I'm living running distance away The Minato Sports Center which is pretty cool cause they offer a discount to minato residents and people that work in minato ku. That, combined with the fact that I am finding crossfiters in Tokyo has got me stoked!

Let's get in contact sometime and we can enjoy working out till we puke together.

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #23
Cormac O'Connor

Profile:

Hi Noah!

While I get excited every time someone bumps this thread...sadly it has also inspired some measure of cynicism. It seems an alarming number of Crossfitters are prepared to put themselves through hell during a workout, but cannot suffer through a 20 min train ride to work out somewhere else. I've wasted a lot of time trying to organize workouts with people who flake out on me.

So I'll be blunt: if you want to come out to my place in Toshimaen at the weekend sometime, myself (and Aaron Franco) will be happy to work out with you. We have a decent amount of equipment to work with, and a couple of places to use it that won't cost you a cent. Otherwise, it probably won't happen. We can't join your gym, you probably don't want to join ours, there are no official Crossfit facilities anywhere in Tokyo (if you want to go to Okinawa...there is one there...)...that's just the way it is. We work with what we've got.

If you have any better ideas, sure, let us know. But be aware that I'm pretty happy with my own workout set-up schedule at this point so I have little motivation to change it to suit someone else.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #24
Ian Drazen

Profile:

Hey,

Wondering if you guys are still getting together for some Crossfit workouts.
I found out about Crossfit from a friend about 3 or 4 months ago and have been trying to incorporate more of the exercises, or modified versions of them into my workout routine, but would like to meet up with some other Crossfitters and train together if at all possible.

They gym I go to (Gold's) actually isn't so bad for Crossfit as they have kettle bells and rubberized weights for olypmic lifts. I also have my own rings I bought on the internet that I hook up to the squat rack to do pull ups and dips, as best I can. The only bad part is it gets crowded so it is hard to monopolize all the equipment for the workouts, so it can slow the pace down.

Anyway if you guys are still getting together on weekends to go to the park please let me know as I'd like to come along sometime.

Just for reference I live and work near Meguro.

Thanks

Ian
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
Cormac O'Connor

Profile:

Ian, sure. It's been too damn hot for many weekend workouts lately, so I've mostly been Crossfitting during the week at my gym with another friend. Also, Aaron has ankle injuries to deal with right now, but I'm sure we could work something out if you're prepared to travel.

See my post above about the unlikelihood of meeting up at gyms during the week etc. First step is to pick a time at the weekend and get on the train!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
Ian Drazen

Profile:

Hi Cormac,

I'll actually be away for the next two weeks but will be back on 8/21. I am more than willing to get on a train for a bit of travel on the weekends to get some workouts in. So Please let me know next time you guys are getting together for a workout.

Regards,

Ian
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #27
Cormac O'Connor

Profile:

glad to hear it!

drop me a line at cormac.oconnor at gmail.com when you're back in action.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 AM   #28
Adam Carlson

Profile:

Hey all, I didn't see this thread and had started a different one awhile ago. Glad to see that there are CrossFitters fairly close to me! I live in Higashikurume, just a little ways away by the Seibu train line.

I started CFing back in November of last year, but didn't do it seriously until March this year. I teach at an international school, and while we don't have rings or bumber plates, we've got a squat rack and a couple of kettlebells, and I find that I can do quite a bit of the WODs on the mainsite with the eqiupment at my school's gym.

I'm flying down to Okinawa for the lvl 1 cert in September, is anyone else going?

I'd love to meet up with others to CrossFit with everyone, but I'll be honest, working from a little before 8 to 6 at night doesn't allow me much travel time during the week, especially with a 2 year old and a wife who's due date is in october. I might be able to swing a weekend workout at some point, but not for the next few weekends.

Cormac, where did you get your rings for so cheap? I looked at some of the catalogues for equipment that my schoot gets, and they are ridiculously expensive as are most things here in Japan.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 AM   #29
Cormac O'Connor

Profile:

Yep, i'm going to the Cert - see you there! The rings were from Tyler Haas's site.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
Tim Dodd

Profile:

Hey everyone, my friend Noah put me on to cross fit just recently and i would love to try it, I live in Nerima and was wondering if you are still at it every weekend, because I would love to try.
Tim Dodd