CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Joey Powell

Profile:
Fair Enough

I wanted to appologize to the board and Mods for stretching the bounds of civility on the kettlebell thread.

I apoplogize. I took offense to one person's tone specifically who referenced my answer to the original question as "silly". Frustrated at his tone, I responded rudely.

Further I want to recommend to those who are fairly new to the boards, that there are A LOT of original CrossFitters and old timers that will not respond to newbie questions, specifically because of the attitude I believe I received from this one individual.

When speaking from a point of view of "I Know" what I am talking about VS. "I am Postulating" what I am writing, it would be nice if people would respond with "Really, where can I find more" not, "That is silly".

Also, it might be helpful to realize that your questions in ALL likelyhood not unique. I would bet you they have been asked before.

The resourse are there. Get into the old Crosfit Journals, where Coach Glassman covers the full range of what CrossFit is and why we do the movements we do. Old lecture clips also answer these questions.

So I am still offended, but I do apologize that I allowed my problem end a what could have been good discussion.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Fair Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Powell View Post
When speaking from a point of view of "I Know" what I am talking about VS. "I am Postulating" what I am writing, it would be nice if people would respond with "Really, where can I find more" not, "That is silly".
It would also be helpful if the person speaking as a Source of Knowledge would actually tell people about their expertise. Everyone's an expert on the Internet, after all.

Katherine

Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Joey Powell

Profile:

Also, a good reason to do a background search before you try to insult someone's perspective and generally being rude. Having actual knowledge on your side wdoes help the discussion.

The lack of "I Think"s and "perhaps" should lead one to at least entertain the fact the poster might have a reasonable perspective, especially in this case where the background of the person who made the offending comment in this case is so clearly ignorant of the topic, and admittedly so.

I doubt everyone wants everyone else's resume before offering or receiving help. A quick scan will and an ounce of situational awareness will help dramatically. Further questioning would have been appropriate, even if somewhat skeptical in nature.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

I respect Joey for taking the time and having the guts to apologize, but every time that I read the message, it sounds like a sermon wrapped in an apology.

If you're gonna apologize, just apologize and move on. Adding the other stuff dilutes the apology, IMHO.

All the same, cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

- Mark

Old 11-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Camille Lore

Profile:

I think what needs to be said has been said.

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com

Closed Thread