CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Get Rxd Linear GHD

I want this GHD from get Rxd. It looks like a great deal considering shipping and the amazing customer service I have received from them without actually being a paying customer yet. I am going to order a GHD in January and would love some feedback on this model if anybody has used it. I am also open to suggestions. The Rogue is Too expensive and the Again Faster doesn't have Band pegs (Just to cut through that conversation) I don't mind sales reps jumping in and hope to not have this thread hijacked by all the snitches and rule mods that tend to run a thread into the ground. Thanks for your input, Tim

http://www.getrxd.net/index.php/rack...d-s/ghd-1.html WFS
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Get Rxd Linear GHD

The gym I used to go to outfitted their gym with them. I think they bought about 20 or so. Hard to say how they will hold up to high frequency use and abuse because they had only been there about a month before I stopped going to the affiliate. However, they seemed solid. They go together fairly easily (I assembled almost all of them), they're nice and sturdy, the upholstered pads seem good and most important I fit on it really well. I've used several heavy duty monster GHDs from companies like Legend and I was never really quite comfortable on them for some reason. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't right. The Get Rx was very comfortable. If I was buying a GHD I would definitely consider it.

I have never used a Rogue or Again Faster so I can't compare for you. Sorry.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Thanks Matt, I think I have looked at them all and think for the money the Get rxd has what I need. Plus we only have about 10 people that workout in the garage so wear and tear should be a minor issue. Thanks again!!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Kenny Yan

Profile:

a friend had the one with the roller pads. cant say for this one but the roller pads suck. they sink in and basically your thighs are on the metal bar that holds the pads. one of them had a ripped zipper. everytime we do something on it, we had to pull the pads back on track so the bar goes in the middle of the pad again. after a while it rips the covering on the pad on the sides. the foot plate unit cant be tighten down all the way where you adjust on the main frame. it makes sliding almost impossible. it also scrapes up the frame where the assembly sits. making the white paint coming off and ugly as sin. we had added 2 washers to each bolt to space out the distance. but this makes the bolt kind of short for the threading. replacement pads were about 100 for 2 so we just sold the thing for dirt cheap. hopefully they improved on it if you do decide to get it.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
...they seemed solid. They go together fairly easily, they're nice and sturdy, the upholstered pads seem good and most important I fit on it really well...The Get Rx was very comfortable.
Thanks for the input Matt and Kenny.

Matt - If you're ever in the market for a GHD, I would definitely go back to that affiliate and see how they're holding up. We've sold a bunch of these and they have been VERY successful for us. As far as I know, nobody else is using a design like our's for easy adjustments.

Kenny - We did totally redesign the pads on the Rolling Pad model and haven't heard any complaints so far. We sent out new pads to everyone who had issues with their's free of charge. The only reason I can think of that we charged for the pads on yours is if we didn't have record of an original purchase from Get Rx'd. If that is not the case, please let me know.

Tim - You'll love it. We've gotten EXTREMELY good feedback on it.

As for the setup, the foot plate unit is not supposed to be tightened down all the way. We're going to start including instructions about that in every unit.
Starting with a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjyfeM3BTU (WFS)

Entire Unit Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJRndd6ys9E (WFS)

If anyone is reading this and has one, please weigh in with your opinions!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Thanks everyone, Mike, me and the guys from my fire house are pretty excited to pull the trigger on this one. The GHD is the last major piece we need. Now we can start to upgrade some of the old stuff. Please check "My garage gym" thread in here. I am looking for suggestions and willing to answer questions about my DIY equipment.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Check your PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Check your PM.
Thank you, I will do that soon.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
Thanks everyone, Mike, me and the guys from my fire house are pretty excited to pull the trigger on this one. The GHD is the last major piece we need. Now we can start to upgrade some of the old stuff. Please check "My garage gym" thread in here. I am looking for suggestions and willing to answer questions about my DIY equipment.
Hey Tim,

That's awesome to hear. I'm so excited to have an active poster get one of our GHDs
Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #10
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
The gym I used to go to outfitted their gym with them. I think they bought about 20 or so. Hard to say how they will hold up to high frequency use and abuse because they had only been there about a month before I stopped going to the affiliate. However, they seemed solid. They go together fairly easily (I assembled almost all of them), they're nice and sturdy, the upholstered pads seem good and most important I fit on it really well. I've used several heavy duty monster GHDs from companies like Legend and I was never really quite comfortable on them for some reason. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't right. The Get Rx was very comfortable. If I was buying a GHD I would definitely consider it.

I have never used a Rogue or Again Faster so I can't compare for you. Sorry.
Now I know the affiliate you used to go to. The only affiliate in the area who actually "outfitted" their gym with them.

if I had the space...