CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Keith Freeman

Profile:
OLY in Illinois

I didn't know where else to put this (If it's in the wrong place please let me know).

I was wondering if anyone knew of a group, or person, in my area (Chicago, South Suburbs)who does olympic lifting. I figured the people on here, compared to all the other people I know, would be the best source for finding an OLY group.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Mac Oneill

Profile:
Re: OLY in Illinois

Oh man! Same boat I'm in. Did you ever find anyone?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Pat McElhone

Profile:

Yes and Yes.

Windy City Weightlifting Club is the club. They train out of Buffalo Grove. I have e-mailed with the one of the coaches and just miss the opportunity to get up there and train with them. There fees are very good (about what a CF gym is).

They also do some training in Naperville. I have met with one of their coaches and had a semi-private session (I was the only one there). We talked about starting a weekly weightlifting meet-up for interested people at the Naperville facility. They sounded interested, but it never went anywhere.

The Naperville facility is nice. Good platforms, good equipment. If anyone in interested in forming a meet-up let me. There may be a small fee to get them to open the facility and do some coaching. For the record, these guys impressed me.

Pat
Old 03-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Mac Oneill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McElhone View Post
Yes and Yes.

Windy City Weightlifting Club is the club. They train out of Buffalo Grove. I have e-mailed with the one of the coaches and just miss the opportunity to get up there and train with them. There fees are very good (about what a CF gym is).

They also do some training in Naperville. I have met with one of their coaches and had a semi-private session (I was the only one there). We talked about starting a weekly weightlifting meet-up for interested people at the Naperville facility. They sounded interested, but it never went anywhere.

The Naperville facility is nice. Good platforms, good equipment. If anyone in interested in forming a meet-up let me. There may be a small fee to get them to open the facility and do some coaching. For the record, these guys impressed me.

Pat
AWESOME PAT!!!

I'm going to PM you.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Pat McElhone

Profile:

Mac,

I PM'd back.

Anyone interested in possibly forming up a Olift meet-up in Naperville, reply here or IM me. I would be interested in meeting once or twice a month in the evening. Let me know.

Pat
Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Mark Reinke

Profile:

I'm interested. Pat, shoot me an email if anything develops. Best time for myself would be Saturday afternoons. If during the week, I'd have to know in advance. I also have multiple members and at least one of my other coaches that would be interested.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
Pat McElhone

Profile:

I have e-mailed the coach from Windy City Weightlifting. He is out of town the next few weeks. He was interested in doing a "weightlifting meet-up" at his facility in Naperville. His club regularly does them on Saturdays in Buffalo Grove.

It looks like it may start to take place in a few weeks. I will post more info when I get it.

Pat
Old 03-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Neil Khant

Profile:

I have wanted to get some OLY work in over there for a while. I have talked to Mike a few times, just didn't put any times together. Saturday afternoons and Sunday are best for me.

I'm interested.

And I would probably have a few guys here interested. Really it's in our back yard.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
Mac Oneill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McElhone View Post
I have e-mailed the coach from Windy City Weightlifting. He is out of town the next few weeks. He was interested in doing a "weightlifting meet-up" at his facility in Naperville. His club regularly does them on Saturdays in Buffalo Grove.

It looks like it may start to take place in a few weeks. I will post more info when I get it.

Pat
YES!!!1
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
Pat McElhone

Profile:

Mike Gattone and Roger Nielson will be hosting a Weightlifting Meet-up/Clinic for CrossFitters and others interested 1 Aug 2009 (Sat) at 0800. It will be held at WSC facility behind Naperville North High School. Attached is info. Note, there will be a fee involved.

http://www.quest4elite.com/2009/07/c...g-meet-up.html (WFS)