CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #131
George S Davis

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Chollet View Post
Our gym got 2 of these, nice, grippy knurling, however we weighed them and they are both around 31 lbs. rather than the 33 lbs. that 15kg bars should weigh.
Good catch! I will have to weigh ours!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #132
Danielle Chollet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S Davis View Post
Good catch! I will have to weigh ours!
ha, yeah, wouldn't have thought to weigh them but I was going for a PR shoulder press and it went up a lot easier than it should have, so I checked the weight of that bar, sure enough...
Old 09-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #133
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S Davis View Post
We currently have 3 of the women's bars and they are excellent! The spin and knurling are top notch, and women fight over them for cleans and snatches. They have held up fine when loaded up to 175 pounds, but I would not use them for heavy deadlifts or squats.
Quote:
Our gym got 2 of these, nice, grippy knurling, however we weighed them and they are both around 31 lbs. rather than the 33 lbs. that 15kg bars should weigh.
Hey Danielle,

I weighed 5 of the women's bars that we have here and they were all within 0.5 lbs of 33. We are on our 4th generation of these bars, so maybe you had the first model? When did you purchase yours?

George,

Did you get a chance to weigh yours?

We just got a new batch of bars and have been testing them at the Get Rx'd warehouse for past 2 days. Loading A LOT of weight onto them and lifting myself.... using the forklifts.

I will be able to post videos on the website soon!

We appreciate the reviews guys!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #134
Richard Pinelli

Profile:

GetRXd is awesome we got all of our equipment from them and I have no complaints and customer service is awesome.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #135
Danielle Chollet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Hey Danielle,
I weighed 5 of the women's bars that we have here and they were all within 0.5 lbs of 33. We are on our 4th generation of these bars, so maybe you had the first model? When did you purchase yours?
I think ours were from February this year.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #136
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pinelli View Post
GetRXd is awesome we got all of our equipment from them and I have no complaints and customer service is awesome.
Thank you for the review and the pictures as well Richard!

Quote:
I think ours were from February this year.
That would be our first generation of the women's comp bars... We only saved 1 for ourselves to use here and after weighing it, you're right. It is about 31.5 pounds. All of the 4th gen bars we have in stock now should be the correct weight +/- 0.5 pounds.

E-mail me at Michael@GetRXd.com so I can pull up your account and we'll get this taken care of!

Last edited by Mike Lian; 09-21-2012 at 11:33 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #137
Stanley Bercovitz

Profile:

Wish I could echo all of the good news I have read about Get Rx'd equipment. At our box we didn't have good luck with the Get Rx'd 20lb wall balls. They've all began leaking sand after about 6 months and have effectively eliminated wall balls from our routines and being a new box we aren't in a position to simply go out and purchase new ones (from someone else). And actually, I could be incorrect, it could be more than just the 20 pounders, but I know for sure that it's at least the 20 pounders which have failed.

When they were contacted we were initially told that they would give us 50% back and then discount replacements 50% - basically compensating us for having them fail so soon. However, this initial offer of replacement was "changed" and we were only going to be compensated 50%.

Anyone out there have any suggestions for us? I'm going to start talking it up as much as possible. I have run into (so far) two other boxes that ran into the same issue, however they had not outfitted their entire gym, so they just tossed them and chalked it up to "should've expected to get what we paid for," as one person said.

Anyway, wanted to let people know to be careful!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #138
Mike Lian

Profile:

Hey Stanley,

You must have the G4 wall balls that are on clearance. Although, I'm not 100% sure when you purchased yours.
http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/clearance/g4wb-1.html (WFS)

We've since redesigned our wall balls to the G5 version, which won't have those issues (they have been around for 11 months now).
http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/cond...all-balls.html (WFS)

I'm not sure why the initial offer would change though , and I will look into that tomorrow morning.

I'll be in touch!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #139
Stanley Bercovitz

Profile:

Mike,

That would be great. I have been trying to help the owner of our box, CrossFit Westco here in Grand Junction, CO.

The situation has limited our workout diversity and as someone mentioned at one of the other sites where I brought this up, not having them warranted after such a short period is definitely scaring some of us away from ordering from Get Rx'd.

I had checked out your prices prior to outfitting the govt. facility where I work, and although it was only a $9K order (granted probably small fries for you folks), it was worth it for me to get less gear that I knew would be warranted vs. risking a situation like what we are going through at the box.

Stanley
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #140
Mike Lian

Profile:

Having this info will help me track down the order/Westco's account so I can see what happened.

Our current wall balls, The G5, carries a 1 year warranty. G5s have the full, Get RX'd logo:
http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/cond...all-balls.html (WFS)

Whereas the older G4 say "RX'd" on them, and do not have the design updates like the current G5s:
http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/clearance/g4wb-1.html (WFS)

The older model G4 had a 3 month warranty and were on clearance for a while. They had a 6 month warranty period before the problem was discovered/before we put them on clearance. Not sure at what point Westco made the purchase. I will be able to look this up tomorrow morning though.

Our gear IS warranted. The older G4 on clearance were below industry standard warranty, The current G5s match industry standard warranty, and some items are above industry standard warranty, like our Premium Bumpers:
http://www.getrxd.com/index.php/weig...perplates.html (WFS)

I think I found out what happened I will be in touch with you and kristen tomorrow.

Last edited by Mike Lian; 07-10-2013 at 10:06 PM..