CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Sean Dunston

Profile:
UFC 140 - Jones v Machida

hmm... what happened to Rashad?

Oh well. the rest of the card looks decent.

I guess I'll have to sift through Dana White's tweets to figure out what happened to Rashad.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Re: UFC 140 - Jones v Machida

I think the Machida fight is a more interesting match up for Jones anyways. Jones will still have the physical advantage as far as reach is concerned, but I don't think that is ever going to change... (Who the F has a 7' wingspan at 6'4"!?!?!??)

Machida is a counter striker and unorthodox in style, at the very least it presents a new challenge for Jones to figure out
Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

I think Rashad broke his hand. He must be distraught that this fight has been delayed at least a year between his injuries and Bones' injuries. I wonder if he keeps his #1 contender status?

Bummer, I was looking forward to that fight.

Have fun going through Dana's tweets...he was quite the bitter turnip that some outlets reported that a different fight would occur.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Ellickson View Post
I think Rashad broke his hand. He must be distraught that this fight has been delayed at least a year between his injuries and Bones' injuries. I wonder if he keeps his #1 contender status?

Bummer, I was looking forward to that fight.

Have fun going through Dana's tweets...he was quite the bitter turnip that some outlets reported that a different fight would occur.
Rashad just got pins taken out of his hand and has another 4-5 weeks of rehab before he can actually train. This would only give him 3-4 weeks to actually prepare for the fight.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Chu Kim

Profile:

I think Machida can pull off the slight upset on Jones in this one. It seems that Machida is still improving, based on his recent fights, even though he lost to Rua twice basically, that was mainly due to a style advantage for Rua. Most fighters will have a very tough time with Machida. I think the challenger is going to come very prepared and hungry to regain his title at LHW. If, however, Jones comes up with a win, then he will surely earn fighter of the year awards, because he has been pawning major *** in a very short span of time.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

I love Urine and Rashad are the two biggest test left for Jones. If Jones makes Machida look like a fool, which I doubt he will, I will never second guess Jones again.

I don't care who wins this fight, but I do want to see what happens when Jones gets hit numerous times.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
I love Urine and Rashad are the two biggest test left for Jones. If Jones makes Machida look like a fool, which I doubt he will, I will never second guess Jones again.

I don't care who wins this fight, but I do want to see what happens when Jones gets hit numerous times.
I am still interested to see if Machida CAN "hit Jones numerous times". His reach is 6'2", Jones is 7'1/2". As a counter striker it will be very tough to counter strike, when you can't even reach your opponent as they punch you in the face. He has a shot due to his unorthodox style, but I don't know if I would go so far as to say he WILL do damage. More like, he MAY do damage.

Either way I am excited to see what happens.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
I am still interested to see if Machida CAN "hit Jones numerous times". His reach is 6'2", Jones is 7'1/2". As a counter striker it will be very tough to counter strike, when you can't even reach your opponent as they punch you in the face. He has a shot due to his unorthodox style, but I don't know if I would go so far as to say he WILL do damage. More like, he MAY do damage.

Either way I am excited to see what happens.
Oh I feel like this fight has boring decision written all over it. Im just really interested to see how jones reacted when he's in trouble.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
Oh I feel like this fight has boring decision written all over it. Im just really interested to see how jones reacted when he's in trouble.
I am interested to see if Machida will even be ABLE TO get Jones in trouble, is what I was trying to say
Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
I am interested to see if Machida will even be ABLE TO get Jones in trouble, is what I was trying to say
I hear ya, I was trying to say the samething. I think......