CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #1

Profile:

Olympic Weightlifting Seminar - Wash. DC Jan 10-11

We're heading back to Primal Fitness in Washington, DC January 10-11 for an Olympic weightlifting seminar. Last year at this location sold out quickly (oversold actually).

wfs - http://www.cathletics.com/events/oly...DCJan10-11.php

"I would recommend this event to anyone serious about becoming better at and teaching the lifts."

—John Nguyen, FIT Barbell

"I strongly recommend it! Greg calls it like it is in a practical, informative, and often humorous style. If you get the opportunity to attend I’m sure you will have fun learning from the pros and meeting a lot of great people."

—Angela Horswill

"As an athlete I was able to correct or improve my technique substantially with just the two day clinic. As a trainer it was valuable to hear how to teach the lifts again from a different perspective. Most instructors don't allow for much flexibility or individualism with the lifts, but your clinic showed how different body types will need to adjust to be in correct positions to execute the lifts safely. The material was presented in perfect order from the ground up, starting with squat position and progressing all the way to jerks. It makes a good blueprint when teaching a client totally new to weighlifting."

—Jimmy Noriega, FIT Barbell

"Attending the seminar was the best thing I have ever done for my lifting."

—Derek Simonds

"I've had experience with many coaches during my time in sports (was a competive swimmer) and there are two things I believe make a great one: knowledge and enthusiasm for what they are teaching. Greg possesses both in large quantities."

—Kyle Sattgast

"The best part about working with Greg Everett is his total competence. I’ve been coached by him several times for weightlifting and each time I've felt my technique has drastically improved. Greg has an ability to assess your weaknesses—pretty much instantly—and effectively give instruction, even to a novice. It’s awesome to leave a session and actually feel accomplished. My complete confidence in him as a coach goes far beyond weightlifting instruction; whether it's for general fitness, nutritional advice, or competitive athletic training, I would recommend Greg to anyone who is committed to reaching their health and fitness goals."

—Eva Claire Synkowski

"Greg Everett's knowledge, expertise and commitment to training is absolutely unmatchable. The amount of experience and education Greg has acquired has led him to be one of the top trainers for Olympic Weightlifting. Anyone lucky enough to work with Greg will excel in his or her performance."

—Nicole DeHart
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Edward Lee

Profile:
Re: Olympic Weightlifting Seminar - Wash. DC Jan 10-11

Let me add my two cents. This is a great class and you will learn lots. Greg and Aimee are awesome instructors who knows their stuff.

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Everett View Post
We're heading back to Primal Fitness in Washington, DC January 10-11 for an Olympic weightlifting seminar. Last year at this location sold out quickly (oversold actually).

wfs - http://www.cathletics.com/events/oly...DCJan10-11.php

"I would recommend this event to anyone serious about becoming better at and teaching the lifts."

—John Nguyen, FIT Barbell

"I strongly recommend it! Greg calls it like it is in a practical, informative, and often humorous style. If you get the opportunity to attend I’m sure you will have fun learning from the pros and meeting a lot of great people."

—Angela Horswill

"As an athlete I was able to correct or improve my technique substantially with just the two day clinic. As a trainer it was valuable to hear how to teach the lifts again from a different perspective. Most instructors don't allow for much flexibility or individualism with the lifts, but your clinic showed how different body types will need to adjust to be in correct positions to execute the lifts safely. The material was presented in perfect order from the ground up, starting with squat position and progressing all the way to jerks. It makes a good blueprint when teaching a client totally new to weighlifting."

—Jimmy Noriega, FIT Barbell

"Attending the seminar was the best thing I have ever done for my lifting."

—Derek Simonds

"I've had experience with many coaches during my time in sports (was a competive swimmer) and there are two things I believe make a great one: knowledge and enthusiasm for what they are teaching. Greg possesses both in large quantities."

—Kyle Sattgast

"The best part about working with Greg Everett is his total competence. I’ve been coached by him several times for weightlifting and each time I've felt my technique has drastically improved. Greg has an ability to assess your weaknesses—pretty much instantly—and effectively give instruction, even to a novice. It’s awesome to leave a session and actually feel accomplished. My complete confidence in him as a coach goes far beyond weightlifting instruction; whether it's for general fitness, nutritional advice, or competitive athletic training, I would recommend Greg to anyone who is committed to reaching their health and fitness goals."

—Eva Claire Synkowski

"Greg Everett's knowledge, expertise and commitment to training is absolutely unmatchable. The amount of experience and education Greg has acquired has led him to be one of the top trainers for Olympic Weightlifting. Anyone lucky enough to work with Greg will excel in his or her performance."

—Nicole DeHart
Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Seconded.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #4

Profile:

2/3 full.