CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Shoulder agitation for months

Starting just over a year ago, I began lifting. I didn't have a clue about form other than needing to have a straight back for certain things. I hurt my shoulder doing bench. I had crappy form. I went to the VA and they did an xray and said it was fine, just to rest it. 10 months later my shoulder bothers me. These are the things that cause crepitus: flat bench that isn't wide grip, same with pushups, and dumbell swings. Overhead press doesn't bother me, decline and incline bench, nor dips. What is the gig? I have only minor strength loss in my right arm and only when doing my heaviest benching. Pain is in the antierior portion of my right shoulder and is a mixed feeling of weakness and the type of pain tendonitis presents. Has anyone else rehab'd something like this? I have done lots of internal external shoulder rotations and that helped at first but I am afraid of blowing my shoulder apart and the way it feels doesn't inspire confidence. Any help? I have been trying to find something something from mwod but nothing is helping. Thanks guys!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Shoulder agitation for months

I would recomment getting evaluated by a physical therapist or go to an ortho.

Based on the exercises that hurt I would expect that you have some biceps tendonitis... but not real way to tell unless you're properly examined
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Would something like that stick around after a month off and icing? I had issues with the itis in my knee before and a month was about the amount of time it took. I will schedule an appointment for the new year when I go part time at work
Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Would something like that stick around after a month off and icing? I had issues with the itis in my knee before and a month was about the amount of time it took. I will schedule an appointment for the new year when I go part time at work
Maybe,

If you aggravate it into chronic then not likely.... so it's kinda borderline.

You can try it and see.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Thanks, your input is much appreciated. I am trying to stay healthy so I can fight the good fight against weights that are trying to stay unmoved!