CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Kevin Steel

Profile:
Your Cheat Rules

Just curious to see how much people are "cheating". On the Zone Cheat Day Jounral video with Pat S, he listed off a couple of time frames that people cheat. Some have one full day a week, some two meals a week, ect. How much do you cheat, and how much do you think if affects your performance?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Scott Clark

Profile:

Re: Your Cheat Rules

I cheat once a week generally. I don't worry about the time frame, I just don't cheat on workout days. Average cheat day calories I would guess to be around 5,000. Plenty of variety - all different kinds of junk. I feel a bit sluggish the day after, but not enough to affect performance in any appreciable way.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Jared Aquilina

Profile:

Cheat night on a saturday, WOD or no WOD. Last night had a full rack of ribs, loaded baked potato with sour cream, butter, cheddar, chives, and BACON! Also, coleslaw on the side. Then, had a hot fudge sunday and half of one of those warm apple crisp dessert thingys.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Justin McGinley

Profile:

I don't schedule my cheats. They happen when they need to. When I am at a restaurant, I'll eat whatever looks delicious. I can't turn down a good beer. Or a good cheeseburger. And ice cream gets eaten about once a week.

I follow the 90/10 rule. Eat right 90 percent of the time, and slack off the other 10.

I can't imagine spending an entire day eating garbage. I'd feel like crap, and wouldn't enjoy it. I prefer to eat meats, veggies. nuts, etc, so I am not tempted to "cheat" all that much. I "cheat" because the food in front of me looks delicious. I tend to eat well and workout, so I don't beat myself up over a bad choice every now and again.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
Jason David

Profile:

last night was my first 'scheduled' cheat...I've been eating pretty darn good but last night I did an entire Paula Dean type of cheat...Filet Mignon fried in butter, cheesy mashed potatoes, ice cream, cookies, little debbie nutty bars a PB cup and a bunch of wine.

A Little much I know...but I deserved it. I felt good on my run today as well. I also know I have leaned out since i started strict zone...my 32's are loose!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Joe Bernard

Profile:

I cheat whenever I feel like it, but that only happens like once or twice a week. Today was one of the those days I felt like it. I had a quart of breyer's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (+ some vanilla), half a cinamon bun, and two raw tollhouse break-and-bake cookies. It tasted really good, but the quart of ice cream was overkill. Next time I am going to try to keep it to one bowl, not two
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #7
Harley Jennings

Profile:

Joe,

Funny you mention Breyer's. The way it is thrown around the ice cream thread you would think it was the furthest thing from a cheat...like fish oil. Too bad it doesn't work for me.
M/27/5'10''/200lbs/13%BF BS 365#/ SP 205#/ DL 425#/ BP 345#/ PC 235#/ FS 265#/ CJ 225#/ THR 225#/ Liz 6:11/ Murph 39:00My Log
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

There are no rules on cheat days. That's why its a cheat, eat whatever you want and as much as you want.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
Ryan Earle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
I follow the 90/10 rule. Eat right 90 percent of the time, and slack off the other 10.
Exact same, which is 4 cheat meals. If it is a huge cheat (like massive meal + cheese cake) I count that has 2 meals, etc...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
Joe,

Funny you mention Breyer's. The way it is thrown around the ice cream thread you would think it was the furthest thing from a cheat...like fish oil. Too bad it doesn't work for me.
I know, it doesn't work for me either. It only works for people who don't eat enough. But I have to say in defense of Breyer's, it's the best tasting ice cream and it has the least amount of calories, carbs, and sugar per serving (at least considering the brands that I have compared it to with chocolate chip cookie dough being the ice cream of choice)