CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Elliot Fuller

Profile:
Squat PR - 3x5

Had a brush with Starting Strength several months ago and had to cut it short after about 3 weeks due to a pulled groin-something-or-other.

Recently have started back up, from the beginning of the ladder.

Previous 1RM squat was 175#. Today did 3x5 at 185#!

Bodyweight fluctuates between 148# and 154# @ 5'9". Super happy

Not 100% sure of my form, if you'll take a gander at my Digital Coaching thread. I imagine with my form more fine-tuned, I'd be pushing even further and faster. Nonetheless, with a bad, knee, it goes to show how safe "good form" can be.

At 185#, I'm stalling just enough to think it's time to either get a power cage, a spotter, or maybe drop a few pounds and work the ladder back up.

My deadlift has also improved, but more slowly than my squat, as my DL form seems to be in more need of improvement, generally. Previous DL 1RM was 275# at around 145# BW -- disgusting form, lucky I escaped w/o injury.

Since then I've been hovering around the 215#-230# mark, afraid to go too much higher, since form quickly deteriorates. As happy I am with my squat progressions, I'd love to see that 2xBW DL come around the corner some day.

Anyways -- more of a Starting Strength testimonial, than a CrossFit one, but CrossFit's always been a part of the routine... so thanks

Digital Coaching progressions/thread can be found here (w/f/s) -- I'll try to update it with the latest numbers tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Doug Holland

Profile:
Re: Squat PR - 3x5

Elliot,

Great improvement there bud!

Keep up the great work.

Doug