CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Tim Dewyngaert

Profile:
GoRuck Sandbag

I am wondering if anyone has had any expierence with these yet? They have been sold out since.. it seems like.. since they went on sale. I know that I'm probably going to get a lot of "make your own" posts, but I think these look really well made. They come with the filler bags included, and they are reasonably priced for what you get. Not to mention it's seems like they have a great customer service policy. The company, from everything I can gather seems like it has a great core value system and is made right here in the USA, can't beat that in my book. I'm leaning toward buying one as soon as they come back in stock .. just looking for someone to give me a great review and seal the deal.

Here's a link ....WFS

https://www.goruck.com/Gear/Details/sandbag-60lb?cat=54
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Tim Dewyngaert

Profile:
Re: GoRuck Sandbag

Really? Not a one ?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Evan Williams

Profile:

I've got one on the way...I'll post back once it finally arrives!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Tim Dewyngaert

Profile:

Awesome! ..Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
John Kedzierski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dewyngaert View Post
I am wondering if anyone has had any expierence with these yet? They have been sold out since.. it seems like.. since they went on sale. I know that I'm probably going to get a lot of "make your own" posts, but I think these look really well made. They come with the filler bags included, and they are reasonably priced for what you get. Not to mention it's seems like they have a great customer service policy. The company, from everything I can gather seems like it has a great core value system and is made right here in the USA, can't beat that in my book. I'm leaning toward buying one as soon as they come back in stock .. just looking for someone to give me a great review and seal the deal.

Here's a link ....WFS

https://www.goruck.com/Gear/Details/sandbag-60lb?cat=54

YUP! Got the 60# bag last Friday. It comes with x2 30# filler bags and I also ordered x2 20# fillers and a 10# filler for versatility.

I've used Rogue bags and Again Faster and I must say this thing hands down destroys them with ease. If you've ever used a GORUCK product it's very well made and field tested in Challenges. The difference in the sandbags is the filler bags. Double velcro closure on the filler bag and NO interior poly bag. Also there are more handle options and beefier as well.

The interior poly bags that go into the filler sleeves are the weak point of most sandbag systems as they will burst in time. My gym just replaced about 25 of the poly bags on the AF ones. Now AF as always stood behind their product and replaced the poly sleeves right away without question however in time they will break again. The GORUCK ones are just impressive.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Pete Nadeau

Profile:

The GoRuck Sandbag looks almost like my Ultimate Sandbag. I have the Ultimate Sandbag “Strength Shell” I made 2-50lb filler bags using heavy duty contractor bags. They have held up for almost 2 years
Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Tim Dewyngaert

Profile:

John,

Thanks for the info, like I said, I am sold and just needed the final seal of approval. Received and will be ordering as soon as available. Thanks Again.

Pete,

I have heard good things about the Ultimate Sandbag products. I just think this GoRuck bag is going to better suit my needs. But thanks for weighing in.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Douglas Menikheim

Profile:

Anyone know if i ciuld use the go ruck filler bags in a medium rogue sandbag? I have a $100 gift card to rogue and was going to get a sandbagbefore i saw the goruck bags. If the goruck filler bags arebetter id rather use the money i have to buy the rogue sandbag and some other stuff.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #9
Christopher Morris

Profile:

I'm going to bump this thread to brag on GoRuck.

I want to get a sandbag. (My wife's birthday request was a sandbag for the home gym. She's not the jewelry type. )

I searched on the forum here to see what the recommendations were about manufactured vs. DIY sandbags.

I noticed on GoRuck's website (wfs) that they offer a 25% discount to active and former military. I sent an email asking about it, and had a reply and discount code within minutes.

I ordered an 80# sandbag right away. Ground FedEx shipping was free.

I am excited to get a top-notch sandbag! It comes with two 40# inserts. I'll also add a little DIY with contractor bags filled at 10# increments. That will give me a lot of weight options.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Bumping an old thread here.

I was looking into getting a sandbag from Rogue but noticed they're sold out of the Large size. Did some searching and found this thread. Sounds like this sandbag might be the best quality out there. Anyone have any experience? Was kind of bummed to see the website says that filler bags are sold separately when it looks like people who started this thread said their bags came with the filler bags included.

I know you can DYI something like this, but I don't mind spending a few bucks to make sure I get something sturdy, good handles, reliable, etc. My only thing keeping me from thinking Goruck might be the best bet is it looks like they top out at 80# and I might want to add more in the future, the Rogue one can go up to 160#

Thoughts?