CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Angie Marfisi

Profile:
Re: chrissey's CFCC log

Yay glad your on here !
Old 06-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/5 - went to croga, since this is supposed to be a deload week.

and then stayed for the 7:30 session, since i have self-control issues.

played around with tripod work - trying to twist my torso to get my right knee on my left elbow. that ish is TOUGH. then HSPU negatives to an abmat with hands on yoga blocks. weak spot is when my head is a few inches from parallel.

single arm press, peak of 3. 15-20-25-30-35 (right arm only, failed on left). PR over prior max of 32.5 for a single.

metcon: 5 rounds of 6 strict HSPUs, 6 diamond pushups, 6 close-grip pronated strict pullups. subbed HSPU negatives. tough.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/6 - gymnastics. bridge ups, bridge kickovers, tuck and L-sits on the parallettes. still too weak in the shoulders to really push myself up with my feet on a box, but my bridges are really good. L-sits are REAL tough.

metcon: 5 rounds for time of 30sec bridge hold, 10 pushups, 15 v-ups. my abs are going to be SO SORE tomorrow. 10:03.

BCCC measurements/weigh-in. haven't seen pictures yet but weight & measurements confirmed what i knew: i got a lot stronger this cycle without getting fatter. so...that's a win.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #14
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/7. so much for a deload week.

bridge work - couple on the floor and then a kickover from a 20" box. need to get stronger with my kickovers from the floor. been a minute since i've done these.

snatching...woof. mostly drills - couple sets at 53 and 63lbs, then a bunch of pulling drills, snatching from boxes and whatnot. tried a new drill at the very end of class with just the bar that i think will be very helpful in teaching me to pull under. i foresee an awful lot of oly in my future.

metcon: 5 rounds of 5 single-arm OH squats each arm (1.5/1pood), 20 double unders. 8:49 as RX'ed. erin got a RIDICULOUS picture of me at the bottom of an overhead squat...my stance is WAY wide and i am hypermobile, so it's more of a plie, i guess. doubleunders still rough when i'm fatigued but i'm getting better at them.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/8. muscle up skill work - new progression and drills. no more false grip, so that's good. couple of muscle ups with light band and then mini band, then several kips, working on getting my hips level with the rings without pulling with my arms (this follows me everywhere). the cues in this progression were helpful for me - let's see how this cycle goes.

metcon: nate. 20-minute AMRAP 2 muscle ups - 4 HSPUs - 8 american kettlebell swings (2/1.5p). subbed 10 ring rows for the muscle ups; kipping HSPUs to an abmat with 45lb plates on each side. apparently, 45lb plates are SUBSTANTIALLY tougher for me than 25's or 35's. i did a whole, WHOLE lot of attempts. KB swings were good though. 5 rounds + 2 HSPUs (would have been several more rounds if i'd known i could count attempts).
Old 06-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

hope - 173 reps as RX'ed. not my best score here but...guh. seeing the rest of the athletes from other gyms puts things into perspective...i think my best chances of adding a lot of reps here is box jumps (these are so slow and inefficient) and stronger chest to bar pull ups (didn't even attempt to string these together really).

i need a rest day i think. this was supposed to be a deload week but i'm pretty sure i've worked out a billion days in a row.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/10. planned a rest day, BUT found out late saturday night i had to train...so.

with a partner - 4 rounds 60 seconds row for calories, 60 seconds double-unders, 60 seconds rest. score - 119 cals + 195 DUs = 314 total. rowing was fine - i averaged 18 cals per minute - but DUs...oy. 21/22/?? maybe 12?/6. yes, 6. suuuuuck list.

then

2 ring dips every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. tried to learn to kip them, but i basically just thrust my legs like a frog and then do a strict dip, so...yeah. suuuuuck list.

then

3 power cleans every minute on the minute for 12 minutes, adding weight as appropriate but not exceeding 85% of your max. since my form is not great, my max is very low (128 squat clean, not sure for a power clean), so i had planned to do 4 rounds each at 83, 93 and 103. that was incredibly easy though, so i did 4 @ 83, 2 @ 93, 2 @ 103, 2 @ 113, 1 @ 118, 1 @ 123. nothing really felt hard - so (1) my max probably isn't 128 and (2) next time, start heavier and/or make bigger jumps. this did not suck.

THEN

mary. AMRAP 20 minutes - 5 HSPUs, 10 pistols, 15 pull ups. scaled with HSPUs to an abmat (i started with abmat with 35lb plates, but i'm just too tired) and pole-assisted pistols (quick grip at the bottom, as little assistance as i could manage) - 5 rounds + 4 HSPUs.

I CANNOT WAIT TO NOT WORK OUT TOMORROW
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/11 glorious rest.

6/12 - handstand walking progressions. managed a few steps on my hands - i need to get more comfortable with this, since i'm definitely capable.

metcon - 5 minute AMRAP of 7 russian kettlebell swings (2/1.5pood), 7 v-ups. i'm pretty decent at both of these things, but i am NOT decent at counting. i *think* i got 10 rounds + 3 v-ups, but i really wasn't sure whether i was at 9 or 10 - so i only counted 9. i need an abacus.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

initial thoughts on where i want to go with the next few months:

- nail that 300lb deadlift by month end...i am not really on track to do this, since i haven't worked my deadlift (aside from one day of front squatting) in two weeks.

- then, once i hit my deadlift goal, maintain my strength and hit a 605lb total in august - 300 deadlift/215 squat/90 press. ridiculously, that press is going to be the toughest for me to hit.

- get faster and more consistent with bodyweight and gymnastics-based movements (pistols/single leg squats, stringing pull ups together better, legit handstand walking, handstand pushups to full ROM - no more cheating with smaller plates).

and the big one - fix my oly lifts. i have a lot of power in my hips that i just don't use properly.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

6/13 - gymnastics. skin-the-cats (not too bad, though i get loose at the bottom and have trouble getting back around) and planche work (disaster).

metcon: 5 rounds for time of ~20' plank walk, 10 pushups, 15 superman rocks. HO-LEE-COW my pecs are sore - not sure why, maybe sunday's ring dips? my pushups were crazy slow...after the first round i could barely do two at a time, and for the last two rounds i actually switched to knee pushups (oy). 7:11.