CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Blair Giffin

Profile:
Blair's CFCC Workout Log

So I was contemplating naming my workout log Blair's Injury Chronicles...but decided to go with a straighforward name....

I have been going to CFCC for almost a year now. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! After a year, and now everybody else logging their workouts on here ( yes, I will admit it, I am a follower), I decided it was time for me to start logging my workouts.

Well, this week is peak week and it is my first full peak week in 3 cycles....so we will see how it goes!

10/25/10:

Back Squat for 1 @ 165.
I was happy with it, as I have had some nagging lower back and hip pain (which has caused me to stay with lighter weight earlier in the cycle.) It was not a PR, tut the 165 was really smooth (previously had done 170 during the winter). Attempted 175...and the outcome was not pretty (the 6:30pm class can vouch for that!), but shockingly I did not injure myself during my untraditional dropping of the weight...I still think the 175 is completely doable though...next time!

WOD: 3 Rds (10 min cap)
200m run
40 DU (or attempts in my case)

Because of my inability to do double unders, I only finished 1 rd + 38 DUs. I found this really frustrating! I literally got 0 double unders, and my ankles have the rope marks to show for it. Hopefully, one day I will get a double under....
Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
David Wisniewski

Profile:  
Re: Blair's CFCC Workout Log

I can barely jump rope. I think they need to hold a class on doing DUs much like Rachael did the kipping class.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Blair Giffin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wisniewski View Post
I can barely jump rope. I think they need to hold a class on doing DUs much like Rachael did the kipping class.
At this point, I think it is hopeless for me....
Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Blair Giffin

Profile:

10/27: Peak Week Pull-Ups

Pull-up (supinated grip) for 1 @ light band + 12.5 (which is a pr). Not overly happy with it though. I really wish I could get better at pull-ups, but it just don't seem to happen. I see everyone making huge improvements with them, and I am still stuck with an annoying band. It is really frustrating!

Metcon:
1 min pull-up max strict pull-up with 40/20 lb (subbed LB + no weight)
1 min max strict pull-up (subbed average band)
1 min max kipping pull-up (subbed LB)
1 min max row (for calories)

score: 5/8/15/11

after that metcon, i felt like my right elbow/forearm might explode....stupid tendonitis is starting to act up again...
Old 10-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #5
Blair Giffin

Profile:

10/27- rest day

10/28:

Power
Broad Jumps x1 (71 1/4 inch)

Strength
Sumo Deadlift x1
(195)- I have never done a max sumo deadlift before, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Metcon
Tabata KB Swings
64 (1 pood)

I know I could have gone heavier with the deadlift and higher reps with the KB swing, but I am really careful with my back. Between the spinal fusion and the back injury a few months back, at this point I just need to let my back decide when enough is enough. Even if that means giving up PRs.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Giffin View Post
At this point, I think it is hopeless for me....
That sounds like a challenge, Blair. I'm on it.

PS - nice to see you here!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #7
Blair Giffin

Profile:

10/29

Power
Medball Shotputs, 7 sets of 1 (each arm)

Strength
Push Press x1 (125x1 PR)

Metcon
Fran-LITE

21-15-9
Thrusters (45)
Pull-ups (LB)

5:25

*It was supposed to be done in under 7 minutes

Was happy with the 125 PP. My shoulders were suprisingly sore and tight from the kettlebell swings. I am hoping next cycle we do push-presses, I can get 130 or 135!

As for the metcon, I should have gone heavier on the thrusters. I was able to do them all unbroken. The only reason I didn't go heavier, is because I was worried about the 7 minute deadline.

10/30:

Metcon

21-15-9

Deadlifts (subbed 100/75/50 single unders)
Overhead Squats (45)

Ended up changing the metcon, and subbing jump rope for the deadlifts. My back and hip were killing me, to the point I couldn't comfortably bend down to reach the bar on the ground. This is also why I went really light on the overhead squats. We didn't want to tweak too much on the back...

For some reason I didn't write down my time for this. But I know it was super fast, less than 5 minutes.

10/31

Rest Day! My back was happy about this!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
Blair Giffin

Profile:

11/1:

Skill Work
Kettlebell Swing

Power/Strength
Kettlebell Jump Squats 6x6- used 1 pood

-the KB jump squats were kind of fun actually, but I could definitely feel it in my quads quickly.

Metcon
5 RFT

10 KB Swings
20 KB loaded lunges (I did mine BW, I wanted to make sure to keep my KB swing form correct and I was worried if I got too fatigued with the lunges my swing would suffer)

6:00

I will admit, prior to yesterdays class, I was a bit apprehensive about the KB use as they have hurt my lower back a lot in the past. However, I think learning how to properly swing it made it a LOT better yesterday.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #9
Blair Giffin

Profile:

10/2- 2nd day in the interim workout space

Skill
Turkish Getup- with 18 lb KB, definitely could have gone heavier, but I was apprehensive to make the next jump to the 16kg KB

Power
Kettlebell presses x6- with 18lb KBs and worked up to 1 pood

Note: these were much harder than single arm presses! they also caused a lot of bruising on my forearm and upper arm. Hopefully that will go away, as I get used to the KB...

Metcon
(10min cap)
10-20-30-20-10
Pushups (knee)
Double unders (subbed single unders b/c I STILL don't have DUs)

Can't remember my time exactly, pretty sure it was around 6:30....I need to practice my strict push-ups, so I can get more than 10.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 AM   #10
Blair Giffin

Profile:

Had a lot of rest days in a row b/c I went to Pittsburgh for the weekend. I think the rest did me good though. My elbow wasn't as sore yesterday.

10/8

Skill Work
Single arm KB cleans

Met Con
7 Rds for time
7 single arm KB clean to push press-each side (1 pood)
15:32

Immediately following:
Max Side Plank
1:06 and about a minute, I don't remember the specific time

This metcon was a bit tough. I probably could have finished faster, but I had to take breaks because my arm skin was burning. My KB cleans are not very good yet, so there was a lot of the KB bouncing onto my arms and chest. This morning I woke up to find all the bruising from my poor form...oy. I don't think I will be wearing short sleeves anytime soon.

But all around, I am really enjoying the new KB workouts! I am thinking of buying one for when I travel. But I am not really sure what size I should get. hmmmm....