CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Aaron Gaskill

Profile:
So, last monday i was in class (mma) and I felt a pop in my ribs. It was a little sore, so i gave it a week off. This monday It only took about 5 minutes and i couldn't move, my ribs hurt so bad.

I got a ct and mri (benefits of the job) and turns out i have an intercostal muscle strain and a partially torn pec. I was so mad. I hate being injured.

Anyway...im going to be doing a lot of leg work, and kicking drills. Doc wants me to take of 4-6 weeks to heal. Freakin sucks
Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Milton Grasle

Profile:
Nothing like an injury to bring you down mentally. I could say something unnerving like ...well injuries are a part of it, man. But I won't do that. Just makes things worse. But I like that you decided to do kicking and other exercise that won't mess with your ribs. Maybe there are other exercise you can do too. I'll think about it and if I come up with any suggestions, I'll shoot them your way. Good luck and heal fast.