CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
Court Wing

Profile:
Hello everyone-
new poster here, obviously. I got introduced to CrossFit thru KB training at CrossFit North. I was home on a Christmas break and wanted to get some "face time" with a certified KB instructor. Needless to say, under the training of Mr. Nibler and Mr. Werner, I got a tremendous deal more. Due to my current schedule at the Acting Conservatory I'm attending not meshing at all with our campus gym schedule, I'm having to improvise a "WOD lite" in my room at night or early in the morning. I get to start the real thing in just a few more weeks when summer break arrives.
Just got Pavel's new book, "The Naked Warrior" and have been doing his GTG workout for the last week and now I can do some pistols and some half-way-there OAPU's. Today, I actually got some free time to go to the gym to work on some pull-ups when I remembered doing Tabata squats with Mr. Nibler back in Seattle. Two and a half months ago when I first did them I could only do a count of 20 in the 20 sec interval; today I was knocking out 25. Did not see that coming at all.
I can also see muscle definition for the first time in my life, it's unreal.

Thanks to Coach and all for making something so incredible so available. And thanks are also due to Pavel for the GTG workout and connection to your fine organization.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
David Werner

Profile:
Court

Thanks for the kind words and congrats on the progress. With persistence things will just keep improving!

Dave Werner
Crossfit North
Old 04-25-2004, 08:36 PM   #3
Mike J

Profile:  
I have been trying to use GTG by doing 20 or so pushups every 1-2 hours, as I am trying to increase my amount of reps and have had pretty good results. My amount of pullups has also increased without even working on them .. nice benefit, didn't really expect it.

Tabata squats.. hard to beat! Has anyone tried the militaryfitness.org squat program?
http://www.militaryfitness.org/Squats.html

sounds interesting.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:11 PM   #4
Michael Rutherford

Profile:
Without the KB or DB, the 'limbo lunge' is a common mobility movement utilized by a number of D-1 athlete conditioning programs. It is commonly referred to as hurdle mobility or something close.