CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
Mark Lamoree

Profile:
Re: When do you wash your clothes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Golden View Post

Most of the time my stuff goes straight in the washer when I get home. If they sit in the dirty clothes for even a couple days they start to get pretty ripe.

I also found during the summer my stuff will get nasty just sitting in the car all day, I work out before work. And I even had some problems with them stinking even after washing. They'd be totally fine until I'd get warmed up and it was like the first drop of sweat just unleashed a massive stink bomb. I had to start dumping baking soda on worth loads and even soaked some particularly nasty shirts in vinegar
During the warm months, on occasions when I can't just throw clothes straight in the washer, I usually lay the dirty clothes out in the back of my pick-up. The sunlight dries them out, and kills enough bacteria that when I leave for the day, they are dry and stench-free enough to pack up.

As a general rule, though, I don't let the sweaty clothes sit in the hamper for more than a day.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 AM   #22
Boris Wartenberg

Profile:

I can not re-wear stuff I have been wearing during a workout, wether it is CrossFit, biking or jogging.... And they will "smell" even if I did not sweat that much... But I do have to wash and clean them after using them.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #23
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Looking for some tips on how to wash away the stains, since sport fabric should not be washed over 30C.

My UA white underwear have a bit of stains on the "common" place and I cant get rid of it, tried google tips with vinegar, etc..no success.

I know I should only wear them once, but for this I am too late...will do so in the future...
Old 03-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #24
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Wartenberg View Post
I can not re-wear stuff I have been wearing during a workout, wether it is CrossFit, biking or jogging.... And they will "smell" even if I did not sweat that much... But I do have to wash and clean them after using them.
Agreed!! i cant wear them again at all till they are clean.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:39 AM   #25
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

When they don't pass the smell test. Roughly once a week and usually air dry most stuff.

Then again, not really sweating that much because you know...Weightlifting and it's been cold/cooler.

Again, must pass the smell test. Kinda silly to take a shower and come to the gym clean and smell like ***.