CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 01-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
Alex MacRae

Profile:  
Almost four months ago I did this: http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/000886.html and could only do 95 pounds on the push-jerk. I trained this again today and found that I could push-PRESS the same weight much more easily. :happy:

I've only been doing crossfit seriously for the past month, and before that did some basic movements interspersed with yoga. Let me be the first to describe how much more flexible and... functional my body is since I've dropped the yoga and picked up a few of the "girls".

During the last set, I had to get angry at the bar. 95 was too easy! I knew I would get 115 if I could only be ****ed :angry:. I remembered my form, did a few practice jerks in the air, and got 115 on my second try! It wasn't perfect, but I locked out, stood up, set down the bar, unloaded it, and went home (walked back to my dorm as a cooldown).

In the time that the rest of the gymgoers were chatting, and using cables and leg press machines, I put 3/4 of my body-weight over my head :rofl:.

With consistent CF training, I know I can get at least 135 by May 1st.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:31 AM   #2
Chris Forbis

Profile:
It's amazing how well Crossfit trains explosive hip extension. I've achieved remarkable gains myself.

Congratulations.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Kalen Meine

Profile:
How big are you Alex? Strong work, BTW.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Kalen Meine

Profile:
Ah, I should try reading. Nevermind. And also amend that to very strong work.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Alex MacRae

Profile:  
Chris and Kalen,

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm about 153# right now, and since freshman year of college I've been trying to gain muscle, and have been successful at about 6# (total) per year (ie, 3 years ago I was a 135# distance runner). I don't know what will happen to my body with Crossfit 3 or 4 times a week, and experimenting with the Zone (did you know a peanut butter sandwich and a little milk is 4 blocks at 3xfat?). I trust that I'll just get strong and lean... what the number on the scale says is not such an issue any more.