CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-23-2015, 03:25 AM   #191
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Its Wednesday morning and the wife is back for the first time in 3˝ weeks. So the plan for today was that she would do her thing to start to get back into things without the stress and i would do my thing. I had no plan at all today, just do whatever i like at that specific time.

A little sore in places from yesterday but that dissapeared after the warm up.

Warm Up 3 rounds
15 cal row (not to take longer than 60 seconds)
10 lenghts of gym run (total 200meters)
and then
DU's for 15min... bloody awful today again 14 at the most.

Then a plan without a plan. wife joined in from here
Thought i would work on the back a little
4 sets x 10 ring pulls
4 sets x 10 dumbell rows laying on a raised bench
10 sets of 3 reps strict L pull ups

Then shoulder to overhead 3 reps per round. after warming them up.
20, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80 and finally 85kgs/187lbs... felt really good.
Wife went from 10-25kgs to get the feeling back.

Then i did 6 sets of thrusters with 40kgs/88lbs just to get an idea of things.

It all felt good today, no stress and perfect form.

Warm down
apart from allot of chat, stretch and molbity for 20min.

And that is that until next week. Back Monday.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 12-23-2015 at 03:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #192
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and feeling ok, not tired or anything but i can tell i have eaten way to much the past few days and have not done so much of anything. The Wife went in to work early today and her BPPV has come back on her left side which is not good. Will have to fixe that tonight when she gets in from work.

The idea was to do something but not really knowing what. Took the Ipad with me with a number of WODs, just had to pick one.

Warm up
15 cal row - run 10 lenghts of gym (1 lenght = 20meters)
20 cal row - run 8 lenghts of gym
25 cal row - run 6 lenghts of gym
30 cal row - run 4 lenghts of gym

some light stretching and mobility

Plan i came up with give 14.3 a go
So i started to warm up with some squats some wall balls to get the hips going, then some DL's and box jumps to get the feel of things. The Dl's felt heavy today

So Workout 14.3

Complete as many reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
135-lb. deadlifts, 10 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch

185-lb. deadlifts, 15 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch

225-lb. deadlifts, 20 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch

275-lb. deadlifts, 25 reps
15 box jumps, 24-inch

Started off quite well but then during the 84kgs/185lb DL's i could feel my lower back cramping up a bit towards the end and the the 102kgs/225lb DL's they felt really heavy and it was tough getting through them and they took ages , so i was not pleased with my result at all, ****ed to say the least.

Result 76 nothing to brag about. I am going to hit this again next week.

I think the lower back took the brunt of things because i need to work on my core and build up some stability. So that is something to add to my list.

Then onto
Some core and ab work and stretching and mobility in between for 20min or so. May as well start right away.

Then
5 sets of 3 strict pull ups
5 sets of 3 strict L chins

Warm down

DU training for 25min... i have no idea what has happened since last year but i have become hopeless. Hit 12 at the most today, i can hit 5's most of the time but there is some very small detail that is giving me greif. I need to find out what it is quick because it is f´getting on my nerves. Going to have to do them in front of the mirror to see what is going on.

Did some more strectch and mobility for 20min.

What i thought was going to be a good day was totally crap better luck tomorrow
Old 12-29-2015, 04:32 AM   #193
Alex Burden

Profile:

A new day and new possibilities . So after yesterdays dissapointment i still needed to get my head around things and try something new again, so that is what i did. No Wife today .

Warm up
C2 rower - something new - 2min rounds for calories, increase setting after each round. Not going full max as this is the warm up but not taking it easy either.
Rower set too 5 - 2 min = 34 calories
Rower set too 6 - 2 min = 39 calories
Rower set too 7 - 2 min = 40 calories
Rower set too 8 - 2 min = 46 calories

Some stretch and mobility to get the rest going and warm up with the the next wod.

Something new then
So after yesterday and things not going well i thought what the heck lets try 13.4. Now my Grace time is 5min flat (not tried for 6 months) so i expected to complete 30 C&J, T2B are a pain but no harm in trying.

13.4 - Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
3 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
3 Toes-to-bar

6 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
6 Toes-to-bar

9 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
9 Toes-to-bar

12 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
12 Toes-to-bar
and so on and so on

and the result is in - 48 reps i finished the 12 C&J which i was pleased about but the T2B are the tough bit. What this means is that next week i am going to try this again and see how the pacing goes because i know i can do better.

After that then
I did some bench press to get the feel of the weight before the next plan.
60kgs 8reps
70kgs 6reps
80kgs 4reps
90kgs 2reps
100kgs 1rep
60kgs 13reps

To the next thing - push jerk from behind the neck -i worked on my technique for this. Focused on getting under the bar and feeling a good jump where i landed with a bang you can say, the same principle as the snatch. By doing this i found the weight flew up and i could easily get under the bar which reduced the load on my shoulders. Even though i missed the first lift at 75kgs the second try felt really good.
40kgs 4reps
50kgs 3reps
60kgs 2reps
70kgs 1rep
75kgs fail/ then 1rep

Some other stuff
DU's training for 20min - used a mirror today and noticed i was stressing the hop. It was to fast, so i slowed down a little and it got better. Hit 5 after 5 after 5reps.. after a while this went to 6, 7 and 8's. I had a few sets of 12 and 14 which made me feel good. I was no where near as tired doing them today. So this paid off. I am going to use a mirror over the coming weeks.

Bar muscle up techinque 20min. The kip was getting better and better and my hips were getting closer and closer to the bar. A couple of times i touched my hips on the bar which is positive which means i am 50% there.

Core work
Core/abs different movements for about 15min

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 20min

today was a long day and i was at the gym around 2˝ hours but it was worth it. Some parts were tough today but i had some success which is great. Can't ask for more than that
Old 12-30-2015, 04:48 AM   #194
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and only one thing on my mind LUNGS!. Feeling quite good considering i have trained 5hrs the past 2 days, which is quite allot of volume. The wife is now allot better and i am hoping she will be back tomorrow . Been a fight for her to sort this BPPV out but i am hoping we are there now.

Warm up
Just a general warm up to get the body going a little before hitting it.

Lungs for 5 rounds (total time 50min on the clock)
4 min C2 rower for meters
4 min run lengths of gym (1 lenght=20m)
2 min rest.

This is how it went
1023 meters & 30 lengths (total 600m)
1035 meters & 29 lengths (total 580m)
1024 meters & 28 lengths (total 560m)
1032 meters & 27 lengths (total 540m)
1021 meters & 30 lengths (total 600m)

Total = row 5135m and run 2880 meters

this was a good one today and i tried to keep constant rather than maxing out and hitting the wall.

Then onto
25min DU training. Feeling better today and hit more 10-14s today than the past few days. Messed with the length of the rope a little to see if it would make a difference, it did somewhat but i will keep working on it.

Core
Worked on my core for 20min and it felt quite good. Numerous movements.

Stretching and light mobility.

Snatch technique with 25kgs for 20min. Basically just took it easy and tried to hit the correct bottom position nice and stable. I did small sets and numerous singles. Felt good and no stress.

Back to lungs i remember seeing something before and then found it 12.1 Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of: Burpees. The height of the target must be no less than 6 inches above the Athlete's fingertips when they are standing

So i thought what the heck, i am tired and hungry but i am going to give it a shot.

3,2,1 go..... i knew it was going to hurt and i had an early plan where the magic number is 7. No less that 7 reps per minute which gives me a goal of 49reps.

Numbers are in - 64reps it was tough and i know i can hit allot more. I know i can easily hit between 80-90reps and being 46yrs old/100kgs that would be a good number.

Warm down
So after catching my breath back i stretched and did some mobility work for around 30min.

2hrs 40min today.... large volume but felt great.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #195
Alex Burden

Profile:

Cheers to the new year
Old 01-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #196
Alex Burden

Profile:

Jan 2nd and the first workout for the year. The best thing today was that the wife was back again i miss her being around. So i had no plan for today and the wife was going to do her thing to get the feel of things.

So today - warm up
Me - C2 rower 15cal and then run 8 lengths of gym for 4 rounds
Wife - C2 rower for 2km

some stretch and mobility.

Plans we come up with
I thought i would work on my OHS today but with a twist. Squat first and then 50% of that weight for the OHS.

Warm up with the bar and then start.
40kg squat 20kg OHS - 4reps
50kg squat 25kg OHS - 4reps
60kg squat 30kg OHS - 4reps
70kg squat 35kg OHS - 3reps
80kg squat 40kg OHS - 3reps
90kg squat 45kg OHS - 2reps
100kg squat 50kg OHS - 1rep
from this point on i did singles only in the OHS
55kg, 60kg, 70kg, 75kgs, 80kgs equal PR and then tried 82.5kgs/181.5lbs and hit it new PR really pleased with that.

Did some light snatches after this to check the technique, seemed ok.
Hit some chest 2 bar and that was that.

The wife did her thing, wall balls, ring pulls, K2C, KB swings, hip extensions, DL, negative chins. The reps and sets were varied and she was really pleased with that and felt that it was not too much but got her body going where she could feel the muscles working. A smart move after being out for almost 5weeks.

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 20min

A great start to the new year

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-02-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:11 AM   #197
Alex Burden

Profile:

Nice and early today, back to the same routine. The wife is with me today, a little tired but up for it .

We have not worked out together for a while so i thought it would be nice to share the load today. No stress, no specific weights, do as much or as little as you want until we are done. One of us works while the other rests.

Warm up

2.5km row between us

Some light stretch and mobility

Share the load
100 wall balls
80 T2B/K2C/sit ups
300 DU's/SU's
100 KB swings
90 Air squats
140 Bench press
140 Dead lifts

Warm down
stretch and mobility for about 20min

All in all a good day, no major strain and not that taxing, basically just allround go through the body. Wife was happy with this too
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 AM   #198
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and a little tired, the wife is in a good mood but a little sore after yesterday which can be expected but she is back and raring to go . No really big plans for today but one thing i had planned was repeat- 12.1 Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of: Burpees, so i thought i would do that at the end today after tiring myself out before doing it.

Warm up

C2 rower. Set the rower to level 4 and row for 1min then raise to level 5 and row for 1 min.... repeat until completed 1min on level 10. No rush.

Some stretch and mobility to get going.

and for today
Strict shoulder press 4reps behind the neck and then 4 from the front.
warm up with the bar and gradually worked up the weight to 45kgs the wife stayed at 15kgs throughout.

alternate:
4 rounds of 8 reps @ 45kgs shoulder press behind the neck
4 rounds of 8 reps @ 45kgs front shoulder press.

The wife then went on to do her own thing, wall balls, KB swings, sit ups, negative pull ups and chins and a few more things.

I went onto Sumo deadlift high
Did a few sets @ 25 kgs to get the feel of things.

SDLH - 6 rounds of 8 reps - start weight 35kgs and increase with 5 kgs after each set. Final round was 60kgs, i did this with no problem and i could feel the legs working well.

then strait onto after 2min rest 12.1 Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of: Burpees

Now my previous result was 64reps but my goal was for high 70's.

And the result is in - 70 i did 15 the first minute and i think this was a little too much but i kept 5 ahead of my target until the final 2min and that was tough but i really thought i could keep going, thats the way it goes. Lactic acid in the thighs towards the end, just need to work on that. Now my strategy next time is 11/min and rest the remaining time to get my breath back... new goal 77.

I think with The Open coming up i need to work on lungs as this will be a great help. Almost all of The Open work outs require lungs and i can build up that capacity over the coming weeks i think it will really help. I have the strenght i have and just need to keep that up and i think it will make a difference.

warm down
apart from getting my breath back after 12.1 stretch and mobility and chatting.

Oh and i did some DU's to see how things were and today they were good.... it hit multiple 20's today. The timing was there and i felt relaxed doing them and not that much lung work. What i did do was not think about the technique or anything, took it nice and easy and the result was great. One thing i did notice last week was that i was pointing the handles on my rope upwards before and could not get the swish, so now i make sure the handles point downwards and bingo.... using mirrors are a great help and it paid off.

The wife had a great day she said and was pleased even though she feels that she has lost allot of strength the past 6 weeks. I was pleased too... so all in all a good day.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-05-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:11 AM   #199
Alex Burden

Profile:

Back in the game today after resting yesterday. No wife today she went into work early which was not good because i had a plan for both of us, so that messed things up. So i needed to come up with something which i did... a bit of this and a bit of that and nothing special.

Warm up
C2 rower for 50cal level 6. No rush really easy pace.
Run/jog lengths of the gym for 5min

stretch and mobility for 10min

a bit of this and a bit of that and nothing special
So what i came up with was to work on my core and then go with the flow.
Sit ups
hip extensions
other core exercises mixed with DU's for to get the heart rate going a little at the same time.

So after the core work i progressed to my back.
Strict pulls ups 7 sets of 3 reps
Strict chins 7 sets of 3 reps

Bar muscle ups technique for 10
Snatch technique for 15min

Warm down

not allot today really... 10min stretch

Did not break myself today and it was nice to concentrate on other stuff just off the bat.. went with the flow and it felt ok... i am pleased with today.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 AM   #200
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and feeling great , had a really good nights sleep and hadn't the alarm clock gone off i would have slept for ages. The wife will not be working out today as she is going to the Chiropractor this morning to fix a couple of small things and a general going through.

So based on last weeks work outs i had 2 WOD i wanted to re-test this week. I did not feel up to both of them this week but planned for one of them today 13.4.

warm up

Change of plan in this today... ran/jogged for 5min, lengths of the gym to get going.
C2 rower for 4 minutes minimum of 15cal/min

Stretch and mobility to wake the rest of the body up.

Then started to hit the deadlift and shoulder to overhead increasing the weight gradually until i felt i was done. Inbetween this i started to warm up on the T2B.

So for today 13.4 - Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
3 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
3 Toes-to-bar

6 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
6 Toes-to-bar

9 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
9 Toes-to-bar

12 reps, 61kg/135 pound Clean and jerk,
12 Toes-to-bar
and so on and so on

Now last week i hit 48 reps so the goal was to beat that. The important thing today was to keep my jerk techinque i have been working on really using the legs and jumping/pulling myself in under the bar.

and the result is in 53 reps
an increase of 5 reps.
Today it felt allot better and the T2B are the problem but this time i had 25 seconds on the clock after completing the the rounds of 12 C&J which i never had last time which means i have improved. I think it is time to try Grace again soon to see how i have improved.

Now once i was done with this i thought f-ck you know what i am going to hit 12.1 but have a plan of completing 8 burpees/min rest the remaining time but during the last minute keep going.

Rested for 5min then - 12.1 Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of: Burpees.
The height of the target must be no less than 6 inches above the Athlete's fingertips when they are standing.

So with a plan in my mind.... 3, 2, 1 go...... and the result was 57reps, i kept to my plan and had around 20 seconds rest every minute which worked out great.

Now the numbers were not that important for 12.1 but it is a mind game and pushing it to keep my goal... and i was tired after that.

Warm down

Catch my breath back and some work on my forearms and DU's for 15min then onto some stretch and mobility for 10min.

Today was tough and was a good test. Engine is getting better and i hope to peak this in time for The Open. A good day today

Last edited by Alex Burden : 01-08-2016 at 01:37 AM.