CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Glenn Ellis Jr

Profile:
Re: False Grip

My goal is strict muscle ups before December, basically stuck on the transition. It seems far more difficult, if maybe not even possible to do the front uprise strict? So I am focusing on the false grip
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Nik Nichols

Profile:
Re: False Grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Ellis Jr View Post
My goal is strict muscle ups before December, basically stuck on the transition. It seems far more difficult, if maybe not even possible to do the front uprise strict? So I am focusing on the false grip
right you are. I started with the false grip and like strict false grip muscle ups over anythink, second kipping false grip then no hand MUs or front rise.

Strict muscle ups are fun.

I have seen people use bands to assist in the muscle up transition but I have never done it.

I learnde on my own just pulling on the rings and watching videos. Tips on that are:
. False grip
pull HARD AND FAST the rings to atleast chest level, rings tuch chest, elbows togeter hands close together.

thumbs to chest SHOVE your head through the rings at the top pulling the thumbs to arm pits. Do it fast.

I failed alot in that last bit, I would get there and fall out. A buddy told me every time I was therte but I fell out.

What worked for me was once I got to thwt last part I gave it all I got and stayed up there fighting to stay up and finally I got it or poped up. Stay in that transition and fight.

Now saying that, it took alot to do thsat and it will wreck you. But that is how I learned it. I learned the strict muscle up and could not kip for a long time. but finally worked it out.

Last edited by Nik Nichols; 09-25-2012 at 03:45 PM..