CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-10-2016, 02:12 AM   #371
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Well Wednesdays are normally rest days but yesterday we had 2ft of snow in 12 hours so i spent the best part of 2 hours clearing that from our driveway and paths and then i helped our 3 of my neighbours that are all in their late 70's which also took another 3 hours. So i think i can call that active rest , and they were happy for the help.

So today Thursday morning. I put a plan together to keep us moving over a longer period of time but working as a partner workout AMRAP.

Warm up
4 rounds
Row 1˝min
run 10 lenghts of gym

Stretch and mobility plus warming up with the movments below as we set everything up.

Partner workout AMRAP.
Rest while th other works and we must touch hands to swap over.

4 min - C2 rower for meters
Result = 903 meters

rest 2min

4 min - Air Squats
Result = 126

rest 2min

4 min - 50 DU or SUs + 20 pull ups
Result = 228

rest 2min

4 min - KB SDHP 12/20kg
Result = 111

rest 2min

4 min - run 4 lengths of gym + 4 DLs 40/70kg
Result = 51

rest 2min

4 min - Push ups

Result = 115

This was fun today and we could push it to a comfortable even pace and keep it there. No need to burn ourselfs out early. Wife felt her hip flexor again today, going to work on that again tonight.

All in all a good day
Old 11-11-2016, 02:56 AM   #372
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and both of us are a little tired. Had a small plan today, nothing crazy... keep it simple.

I needed to work on MU's so i left the wife to do her own thing for 15min.

Warm up 4 rounds
1 min row
10 shuttle runs of gym (200m)

stretch and warm up for whatever we decided to do for 10min.

Keep it simple
For me: 10 strict muscle ups. i did one then rested a while and tried to repeat it the exact same why by having the exact same routine from grip, stance to initiating the pull.
They went really well today, even when i pulled nice and slow to my chest i could easily move into the dip position and bang the rep out. Not as tired either after the reps. So something must be happening.

Wife: all i saw was here work on her back, she was a little lost today and did not have the motivation. I notice she likes it better when we do things together and i do the thinking for her.

Finalé so to put her back in a good mood.
5 rounds
Wife 50 DU's
Me 25 DU's
Wife 4 lengths of gym (80m) Racked farmers walk 12kg KBs
me 4 lengths of gym (80m) Racked farmers walk 20kg KBs

you had to complete your part before the other could start, this meant getting more or less rest.

Wife blew this away today... i was totally out of it in the farmers walk on the last 2 rounds, my shoulder were on fire. no pain no gain

Cool down
a good stretch for 20min and chatting to a team member of the 2016 Crossfit Nordic - Camilla Salomonsson Hellman, wonderful person to talk to. She is in our gym to taking an Eleiko personal training course (we use the Eleiko facility). She is going individual next year..

The good thing is that she is going to be around Thurs/Fri for the coming 6 weeks so i am going to see what i can get out of her technique wise. There are a couple of things i need to work on and need some tips on

that was that for this week.... Back Monday
Old 11-14-2016, 03:06 AM   #373
Alex Burden

Profile:

Well its Monday morning and i am tired.. didnt sleep well at all. I think i ate to much sugar over the weekend... Ben & Jerrys!!!!

On Saterday the wife and i were spectators at our first CF comp... very interesting and everything you see at the games you can see at any comp.... bro reps and other stuff. But we did actually take a few things from it and some new inspiration to take us to the next level. I did actually talk with one competitor +40 masters about his numbers and a few other things, the guy was strong as ox but his technique was not there which made it tough for him. Nice guy to talk with and i have a few things i am going to work on a little more.

Anyway - back to us Warm up 2 rounds
2min row
10 lengths of gym
50 DU's or 100 SU's

stretch, mobility as usual and warmed up with the movements we had planned for today.

New Plan Time cap 12 minutes

TC: 3 min = C2 row for meters 750/600

wife 2.50, me 2.55
Both took it nice and easy so as not to blow our selfs out.

TC: 4 min =
10 T2B
5 Box jumps 24/20"
80m Farmers walk racked 20/12kgs KB's
5 Box jumps 24/20"
10 T2B

wife 6.00, me 6.20

TC 5 min = 5,4,3,2,1 reps in each of the following:
Using 2 bars/wife 2 bars but lost time adding and removing weights.

Power Snatch 43/15kg
Power Clean 43/20kg
Dead lift 70/40kg

wife 12min + 2 but lost time adding and removing weights otherwise she would have completed it. me 11.47

This was a good work out as we have never tried something like this before. Wife wants a rematch on Thursday

Cool down
did 6 min on some rear shoulder, traps and scalpular work then stretched or 10-15min.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-14-2016 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:05 AM   #374
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and felling better than yesterday... both of us slept well but i had that feeling this morning that bollocks maybe i need to have a day off or something... I think this dark period of the year (november is the worst month of the year) is doing my head in. I got over that in the gym and tried to think positive . We actually thought we might be a little sore after yesterday... but nothing..

Warm up
5 min on the rower or 75 cal

some active stretching and mobility depening upon what we were going to do.

Today then
The first 30min i wanted to myself today to work on handstand technique. I looked at hand position in relation to distance from wall and width. Started by standing on my head and raising abmat with bumpers. Got to ˝" from fully stretched arms and then went over to handstnads.

I still feel a little unsure in the upright position and getting that balance of how much pressure i need to get in the upright position. I did up up a few times (6 or 7) and i could hold the position for 5-6 seconds which is not bad.

The wife decided to work on hang power snatch with a PVC pipe, working on small details to help her pull the bar in a more vertical direction and moving her body out of the way then back in under. She then moved on to ring pulls and wallballs for 20min.

Small challenge - pull ups, 1-2-3-4-5---- 10 or give up before
Wife (assisted) did 1 rep (kip) then i did 1 rep, then 2,2 and so on until we reach 10 or have given up early..

We both made it to 10 (total 55 pull ups) which is great.

Balance - 1 arm OH KB walk (40m)
First time trying this as we need to learn the correct position at the top and how it feels on the shoulders and wrist. The idea is to progress into 1 arm OH lunges with KB.

It went like this, use left arm first and walk 20m and then chnage to right arm. (both of us are right handed)

Wife,
6kg KB x 4 lengths,
8kg x 4,
12 kgs x 4
then back to 8kgs for 4 lenghts. The reason was that she felt unstable with her left arm with 12kgs but fine with 12 in her right.

Me
8kgs x 2 lengths
12kgs x 2
16kgs x 2
20kgs x 2
24kgs x 4
28kgs x 6, i felt solid with the KB in both arms and had really good balance when walking. OH position was nicely locked.

Cool Down
Wife stretched for 20min

I did max reps DU's 3 attempts, 39, 56, 36 and my arms and shoulder were buring after that... 57 was my best before and i really thought i could beat it... got close

then i also stretched for 15min or so.

That was that... back Thursday
Old 11-17-2016, 05:00 AM   #375
Alex Burden

Profile:

Taking a couple of days off from working out... need to breath a little..

Back Monday...
Old 11-21-2016, 01:44 AM   #376
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and a little tired, woke up in the middle of the night because there was a howling storm outside.

Having 5 days out might night have been the best thing, my head was not into today but i still had a plan.

Warm up
Wife hit the rower and i did some wall balls and warmed up with a barbell.

Legs
With my wife still having an issue with her hip flexor i sent her to the normal part of the gym.

5x8 leg curls
5x8 leg extensions
5x8 leg press

I went on to the following: squats 10x8reps (4reps front then 4reps back) no waiting between.
Did a few sets just with the barbell and then got on with it.
40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 90, 80, 80 ,80kgs
They felt heavy today.. maybe becuase i have not done any squats for 3 weeks.

Final EMOM10
15 DU's or 30 SU's
10 KB swings 12/20kg

Fcking lost it after 5 rounds, got ****ed off for some reason and took a minute out, did an extra round at the end.

Cool down
stretch for 15min

Hopefully in a better frame of mind tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:36 AM   #377
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and feeling good, both of us got a good nights sleep in . Based on yesterdays workout anything will be better today, but i was feeling up to it and raring to go. Wife was a little tired but cheered up in the car on the way to the gym.

Warm up 4 rounds (partner warm up)
One of us completes the following:
20 DU's or 40 SU's
run 6 lengths of gym

While the other:
rows

rotate once the DU and run are completed.

little stretch for 5min or so and warm up with the plan we had below:

The Plan 1 clock 35min

EMOM15
2 super strict pull ups (weighted 10kg/22lbs dumbell for me/ assisted for the wife)
2 super strict bench presses (me 70kgs/154lbs and wife 30kgs/66lbs)

EMOM10
C2 rower for calories (me 12, wife 8)

EMOM5
5 T2B/K2C

EMOM5
7 T2B/K2C

Everything felt good today without hitting that brick wall, nice and calm all the way through.

Cool Down
10 min stretch or so...

that was that, back Thursday
Old 11-24-2016, 02:48 AM   #378
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and ready to go.. Wife is in a good mood.

Warm up
DU's for as many sets as you want to warm up.

Then warm up with the movements we have planned below, plus a little active stretch.

1 Clock: partner workout, complete together. Split the load as we wanted.

3, 6, 9, 12, 15

T2B
GTO 20/45kgs barbell
Box Jumps 20/24"
Burpees over the bar

5K row

Time = 32.49

We both enjoyed this one and i am sure we could have pushed it a little more, but i think we did well on the row with an average of around 2min/500m between us.

Cool down
stretch for 20min

that was that, back tomorrow

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-24-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:04 AM   #379
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and a little tired to day. Techique day and whatever pops up in that little brain of mine .

Warm up
DU's for me and then warmed up my shoulders and triceps.
The wife ran and did some other stuff.

Techinque
For me - hand stands against wall. I did a few on my head first on bumpers so that i was almost in the correct position and then went for it. For some reason i had that fear of falling or something so it took a few attempts before i got up. I had my hands in a good position but it is just getting up that is the problem. Some sort of uncertainty in the back of my head.

In the end i spent 25min on this, got up a few times and tried to hold it for a while.

From there i went on to some strict MU's, got a couple first and started to get tired so i had to give myself a little help from the start, not a kip but a little push from my toes. i think i got 10 or something today in total.

At the same time i was doing this the wife was doing some KB work and some PVC work. After that she started to work on her pull ups by reducing the assistance she needs making life allot harder. I also helped her with her hollow and superman position while hanging to get the feel of it. The idea is to get her ready for kipping pull ups once she can hit X amount strict. She thought it was fun and was really please with the feeling she got of being weightless in the first stages of the kip.

I then moved on to some shoulder to overhead/push jerk from the rack. Been a while since i did this.
40kgs strict x 12 to get the shoulders going
50kgs x6
60kgs x3x2
70kgs x3
80kgs x2
90kgs x1 PR by 4lbs
100kgs/220lbs x 1 PR by 26lbs felt really solid under the bar with my new slightly wider grip.
90kgs x 1
80kgs x 2
60kgs x 4
40kgs 3x8 strict

Cool down
wife stretched for 25min or so
i helped a friend with his DL techinque for 10min or so then stretched for 2 min.

back Monday, have a great weekend.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 11-25-2016 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #380
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

26# pr.. really.. wtg Alex!