CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:51 AM   #1
Ryan Ford

Profile:
Camille Leblanc-Bazinet is training Parkour to become a more adaptable and competitive athlete.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGIAt4ck8n-/ (wfs)

When was the last time you stumbled across a set of rings outside the gym? Sorry CrossFit. Sorry gymnastics. Even bars are extremely rare in the man-made concrete jungle. The wall muscle-up, known as a climb-up, is the real world, urban application of the muscle-up. Along with rolls and landings, climb-ups are among the most useful of all parkour skills. Real world emergency situations don't discriminate. If you were in an urgent scenario where you had to reach or escape, could you get up and over a wall or fence with the utmost speed and efficiency?

The video above shows a few highlights from day 2 of parkour training with Camille Leblanc-Bazinet. After 60 short min. of hard work drilling my climb-up progressions and exercises, Camille already has a better climb-up than the majority of the parkour community. Major props to her friend David Lee, an alpinist, who also learned to do a beautiful climb-up during his 2nd #parkour session ever. A few important takeaways from this experience:

1) Smart and dedicated strength training allows you to learn parkour WAY faster. #ParkourStrength
2) A good process for learning the climb-up, one of parkour's toughest foundational skills, is invaluable for demystifying the deceptive amount of skill involved.
3) Why struggle for months or even years trying to master this move when you can learn a highly effective process that builds the necessary strength and skill for lightning quick climb-ups? And that's where I come in. In just a few hours, I can teach you, or at least put you on the fast track to, a skill that took me over a decade to master as an athlete and coach. Message me if you need help deconstructing effective strength training and skill development for the #ClimbUp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGIAt4ck8n-/ (wfs)
Old 06-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
Steven Wingo

Profile:
Re: Camille Leblanc-Bazinet is training Parkour to become a more adaptable and competitive athlete.

The CrossFit Journal archives has a specific category for Parkour. I have seen some videos and it looks practical and fun. A great way to play but learn at the same time. One of the things I learned at the Gymnastics Trainer's Course was the importance of play. Schedule time to just fool around and have fun at the box (or without Parkour sometimes outside the box).

I think Parkour looks like a great way to both improve skills and have some fun. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these skills show up at The Games this year. They are always looking for something not commonly trained to see who can step up and show they have the all around fitness to tackle something new.

Here is a link to the articles:

http://journal.crossfit.com/parkour/

Thanks for the reminder post I had seen her instagram post, but this is a great reminder to go back and look at those articles to learn and come up with some new and fun stuff to do.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
Steven Wingo

Profile:
Re: Camille Leblanc-Bazinet is training Parkour to become a more adaptable and competitive athlete.

By the way, looking at your website I see you offer courses and coaching credentials. Have you looked at applying with CrossFit to have your courses count as continuing education credits for CF-L3s, CCFTs, and CF-L4s? I would suggest you look at applying. I would have interest in your courses and continuing education credit makes them even more appealing.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
Camille Lore

Profile:

Please read and abide by the site rules
We don't allow marketing or advertising on the message board.

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com