CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #91
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: 11b/ranger school

Probablt aimed at me, I called him PVT Cobb earlier. Carl seriously, no disrespect intended, I'll tell you what, You can call me Bob on these boards, ans I'll call you Carl and then I won't have to figure out that Army stuff.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #92
Carl Cobb

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
You've gotta be kidding me...if you want to play the rank-dropping game, there's plenty of people on here who've got you outgunned.
im not trying to pull rank of any kind, cmon im only a E-3... but i would rather not be called a rank ive already surpassed, ive earned my title of PFC it may not be much, but it is what ive earned
Old 05-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #93
Carl Cobb

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
Probablt aimed at me, I called him PVT Cobb earlier. Carl seriously, no disrespect intended, I'll tell you what, You can call me Bob on these boards, ans I'll call you Carl and then I won't have to figure out that Army stuff.
and that works fine for me.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #94
Miguel De La Fuente

Profile:

Carl,

Ranger school is more of a mental thing. I saw many guys when I went through that were in top physical shape, I my self was in the best shape in my life, I also had some Ranger buddies who were a little on the bad shape side. So my point is, Ranger School is all a mental game. Yo umust be able to go days with out sleep, food, and constantly rucking it, with over 120 lbs on your back. Whether it is -15 degrees and snowing in the mountains of delonaga or 130 degrees and humid as Hell in Ft benning, Ga or you're in chest deep water in the swamps, smells like Sh$%^ and you constantly tripping on "dammit stumps", under water roots that mess up your shins bad. Not to mention again you haven't slept in while, days sometimes, so you start to hullicinate and see stuff. SOOO, been physical fit does help, however mental toughness will get you through. It don't matter who you are, Pvt, NCO, Officer, Bat Boy, Marine Force recon, Navy Seal, Airforce PJ, it will break you at one point, and its ok. Just never give up, cause once you have that Half Moon Shape/Black and Gold tab, there's nothing you can't do.
So good luck buddy, and hit me up when you got your tab.

Btw, there's no rank in ranger school....everyone is the same.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #95
Brian Dolan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Cobb View Post
thanks man... i plan on when i re-enlist to change mos to 11b, but im not sure if i can get the ranger contract as well i forgot what the contract was called... but im getting ready to go to fast class to up my gt score so i can get into the course.. i know you can get it in your contract when you first come in but i wasnt sure how it works on re-enlistments
When you go to reenlist, TELL THEM "I want 11b with stipulation for Ranger School or I WILL NOT RE-UP". Period. If you don't have any flags, you'll be good to go...you'll still have to go on down to Sand Hill and complete AIT, but thats actually a lot of fun (well, I thought it was).

And when at Ft. Benning, avoid Victory Drive Strip Clubs.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #96
Brian Dolan

Profile:

Oops, shoulda read the WHOLE thread before giving advice to this young man. Hmm, a PFC (but a promoted early PFC) in a non Combat Arms MOS that needs to "up" his gt score and isn't even sure "what the contract is called" and not "sure how it works" is getting mouthy with Combat Vets, Officers, NCOs, and other "pros" that are trying to HELP HIM?

Kids got a real future with all that "leadership and incentive". You wouldn't make it in the Fire Service with attitude like that, never mind SOF. Seriously, forget the Rangers for now. You need to get yourself squared away as a soldier first...and as for boasting about being "promoted" to PFC...

"Rank among privates is like virtue among thieves" - anonymous

Also, RIP is all contingent upon FIRST going back to Ft. Bennings Sand Hill for AIT, then going through Airborne School, and THEN going to RIP...so even getting a Ranger Contract isn't enough to guarantee a posting to the 75th...