CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #101
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:
Re: Hardest workout you've ever done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Horstman View Post
granted i've only been at it for just over a month straight, my worst so far was :

10-20-30-40-50
Ghd situps
Ring pushups
Bar front squats

it was my first time going all the exercises. my abs so bad it hurt to breath for like 3 days and were still sore after a week. the first 2 or 3 nights, it hurt to lay down in bed.

outside of that one, everything i've done here in afghanistan has been rough. breathing is quite a chore at 7700ft lol
150 GHD sit-ups, 150 Ring Pushups, 150 Front Squats...are you serious????
Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #102
Craig Horstman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan McNamar View Post
Who ever programed this and let a guy with no experience on a GHD do that that many reps is a dangerous moron. You are very lucky you didn't land in the hospital with a case of rabdo (excess protein in blood steam from broken down muscle cells. Clogs the liver, liver stops functioning can do permanent damage or be fatal).

You are in a dangerous enough place already. Find someone who knows what they are doing to guild you.
to clarify, i have done them before, but not lately. also did bodyweight crossfit stuff with my platoon for 2 months before my deployment, was off for about 2 months, and then started with these guys. as of 4 days ago, i split off from their group and myself and 2 others are doing scaled down main site workout. the group i was with had no emphasis on proper form and were more worried about weight and time. i may not have a lot of experience with crossfit, but i have done enough research to know what the wrong answer is. also, their programming was just pick/make up a workout and go with it. again, wrong answer. so im not with them anymore.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #103
Ben Norris

Profile:

2009 Crossfit Games Chipper. It felt like my Soul was being punished....

Seriously it was the worst WOD i have ever done. Took me over 1 hour....

I felt like crying on those overhead walking plate lunges...

BTW Kevin have you ever tried it? I would love to know how you would compare to somebody like Mikko on it. I know Spealler did it in 16 something a while ago
Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #104
Kevin Simons

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan McNamar View Post
Who ever programed this and let a guy with no experience on a GHD do that that many reps is a dangerous moron. You are very lucky you didn't land in the hospital with a case of rabdo (excess protein in blood steam from broken down muscle cells. Clogs the liver, liver stops functioning can do permanent damage or be fatal).

You are in a dangerous enough place already. Find someone who knows what they are doing to guild you.
Seriously. That's just dumb programming. I wouldn't even do that myself and I certainly wouldn't put any of my clients through it. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Norris View Post
2009 Crossfit Games Chipper. It felt like my Soul was being punished....

Seriously it was the worst WOD i have ever done. Took me over 1 hour....

I felt like crying on those overhead walking plate lunges...

BTW Kevin have you ever tried it? I would love to know how you would compare to somebody like Mikko on it. I know Spealler did it in 16 something a while ago
Yeah, 19 minutes and some change if I remember correctly, but that was in my first few months of CF. Not a big fan of chippers. Good way to cortisol crazy town, IMO.
m 23 5'7" 192 lbs. Angie 9:13, Grace @ 225lbs 4:15, Elizabeth 3:40, Fran 2:09, King Kong 2:11, Back Squat 505, Deadlift 505, Press 235, C+J 325, Snatch 255. Log | YouTube
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #105
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

A bastardized version of Helen.
5 rounds at the top of every 5 minutes.

Tugboat:
7 rounds for time of 500m row, 400m run

Burpees, amrap in 20 minutes.
The class instructor said if I did 10 reps at the top of each minute, I'd get 200 reps in. It was hard to keep up but I stayed with it. For the first 6 minutes, I was able to finish the 10 burpees with about 25 seconds to rest but as I closed in on the 20 minute, my rest periods were shrinking down to as short as 5 seconds.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #106
Robin Sowden-Taylor

Profile:

did whitten for the first time on monday and that was pretty horrible, especially when u suck at wall balls!! awesome workout though