CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
Hector Santiago

Profile:
Re: Again Faster vs. Rogue Ultra Speed Jump Ropes

REV 1 Super Speed Jump rope Hands down! 17 dollars, the bad thing about it is that the shipping is 17 Dollars too! But if you have a buddy or a couple of people to order it, split the shipping cost and order multiple ones. I used to be a boxer back in the days and got to love high tech ropes from today. I mean Rogue and Again Faster hands down for their service though, you can't go wrong they are the best out there but I have to admit that I felt in love with that Rev 1 super speed Jump rope.

SANTI
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
Chris Flower

Profile:

I've tried quite a few ropes out there and really like the Muscle Driver Speed Cable rope. Low cost, light weight, good length handles, and easy to adjust the cable length.

I have the RX rope and don't really care for it. I found that the cables don't really last too long and get kinked pretty easily. I think mine fell behind my washing machine when I was cleaning out my gym bag...might still be there.

I also have a Nike speed rope (heavy vinyl rope) that I use to work in endurance/strength. 75 DUs with this rope feel like 125 with the Muscle Driver rope.

I know with the RX rope you can change out cables to go heavy or light, but for me it is just easier to grab a different rope from my bag.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Jim Bentley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Moulder View Post
I may get sh*t for this, but if money's an issue I picked up a pretty good jump rope from Walmart. It's cable and turns pretty well, though I am not conditioned well enough for double unders yet so I'm not sure how well it does there. but it was $ 10 and has weights in the handles that you can remove. So far I've been pretty happy with it. when I can afford it I plan to get an Rx, but until then I'm rocking the cheapie.
I'm of the same mindset as you, until I can get double-unders going I'm staying cheap. HOWEVER, my Walmart rope that I've used maybe 25-30 times exploded, sending tiny plastic tubing bits, when the flimsy string broke. So, if you do go cheap, watch your potential "blast radius."